Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MBH Chassis

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The XR1 was not designed without looking at s Longhorn. They are too much alike. Too many things that are not a part of other chassis.
    And the Rumley re-design of the Longhorn was not done without looking at a Rocket. That's what they were running with quite a bit of success before the Labontes came calling.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Ant nobody built a frame yet that they didn't use something they liked from another I'll bet is CJ took some ideas from someone

Quote Originally Posted by dirty bert View Post
    Ant nobody built a frame yet that they didn't use something they liked from another I'll bet is CJ took some ideas from someone
    Exactly.....I think its funny, no one has commented on the design of a Capital. Marshall had to have a car to copy off, when he got started.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    And the Rumley re-design of the Longhorn was not done without looking at a Rocket. That's what they were running with quite a bit of success before the Labontes came calling.
    How could that be when dirt late models didn't exist until Rumley came on board with Longhorn?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Exactly.....I think its funny, no one has commented on the design of a Capital. Marshall had to have a car to copy off, when he got started.
    Considering what Shane Clanton was running before the Capital, I can make a pretty good guess which car was the inspiration. It was definitely a Troyer Max Flex sbm chassis.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Maybe so, but the piece that emerged from the CAD work was pretty unique.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

It's good to see smaller builders enter the market. CVR cars are winning a lot here in Tennessee.

Mark Richards has admitted on a DOD interview that Rumley did some consulting work for Rocket. Exactly which part, he didn't comment!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!