For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
May 24, 2016

Chris Ferguson Takes Traveler’s Rest Checkers; Tyler County Next

Mt. Holly, North Carolina (5/24/16) – Chris Ferguson was last in action two-weeks ago in his Champion Spark Plugs #22 Longhorn/Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model, when he dominated the Ultimate Super Late Model Series event at Travelers Rest Speedway.

“This Longhorn Race Car was absolutely on a rail, and I want to thank my crew for their hard work,” said Ferguson. “It seems like we’ve got things pointed in the right direction, and I really want to thank my sponsors, crew, and fans for their great support.”

Chris Ferguson headed to Travelers Rest Speedway (Travelers Rest, South Carolina) on Friday night, May 13 to compete with the Ultimate Super Late Model Dirt Series. Drawing 15-entries for the Whitey Whiteside Memorial, Chris secured the pole-starting spot for the feature after laying down the fastest time in qualifying. Leading all 40-laps, Chris captured his second straight win and third overall on the season in convincing fashion. He crossed the finish line more than 9 seconds in front of his closest pursuer. With Dennis Franklin, Brett Hamm, Brent Dixon, and Kenny Collins trailing him to the checkers, Ferguson pocketed a $4,000 payday.

After enjoying a getaway last weekend, Ferguson is now focused on a big Memorial Day weekend of racing. The North Carolina racer will make the trek to Tyler County Speedway (Middlebourne, West Virginia to compete in the annual Jackpot 100. The World of Outlaws (WoO) Craftsman Late Model Series sanctioned event will be highlighted by an $8,000-to-win event on Saturday night and a $10,000-to-win affair on Sunday evening. For more information on the event, please visit www.WoOLMS.com .

Chris Ferguson would like to thank all of his sponsors, which include Live Oak Aesthetic and Family Dentistry, Champion Spark Plugs, RPM Trailer Sales, Langley Collision Center, Carver & Sons Roofing Inc., High Gear Speed Shop, Victory Circle Auto Sales, Big A's Custom Graphics, Keith’s Handyman Services, Parts Warehouse, Dirty Grass Soul, New Point Lighting, Hoosier Racing Tires by Bryan, Harkey Racing, Hickman Fabrication, K&N Performance Filters, Fluidyne High Performance, RM Services, Frankland Rear-Ends, Bell Helmets USA, Hypercoil Springs, Brinn Transmissions, Weld Racing, Dynamic Drivelines, Outerwears Pre-Filters, Penske Racing Shocks, PFC Brakes, ButlerBuilt Motorsports Equipment, All Star Performance, Motorstate, Keyser Manufacturing, FK Rod Ends, Fragola Performance Systems, Alpha Canvas and Awning, Randy Renfrow Pit Carts, Hi-Bridge Automotive, VP Racing, Hooker Harness, CV Products, XCELDYNE, DIRT TRACKIN' APP, Stock Car Steel and Aluminum Inc, SRI Supplies, SRI Performance, Clements Racing Engines, Rudisill Cleaners, WATERMAN RACING COMPONENTS, KELCAR Motorsports, ASi Racewear, Pro Fabrication Headers, Schaeffers Oil, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Chris Ferguson, please visit the official team website at www.ChrisFerguson22.com .