Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The best Anouncer their ever was is gone his name Mike muyuer Anounced at i-55 at pevely mo.he showed a lot of compassion and excitement one of the best ever in my opinion

Yep we miss ole mike , jason is doing a great job filling his shows james essex is and so is retired announcer jim childers

Many great voices listed previously who have and still do outstanding jobs on the mic. Since we are talking modern times, to hear Essex and Shelton is a real treat. Good ole Ross Tingle at the Mag was a guy I had the pleasure to learn from and announce with. There are 2 guys that really touched me, taught me so much and I admired along with the boys mentioned earlier, those 2 are the late and great Perry Holman and Rick Eshelman.

Perry taught me so much and gave me such solid advice that I hold today, I miss that man so much as he was the first to embrace me as a friend and announcer. Then we have Mr. Rick who I have had the total pleasure of doing many, many shows alongside him, what a supreme talent that I tried to feed off of and learn from, from Green valley to EAMS to TST and other joints. Rick is hilarious as anybody could be and we were going to do the Friday night SLM special at TST and were on our way until the rains came. One day I hope to be 1/3 as good as those boys above.

Late Model Mark
    Talladega Short Track Announcer

Eshelman and Roy Salt. Roy was the old KC raceway announcer. Never got excited about much, he just had radio style voice.

Jan Gabriel (R.I.P.), Brett Emrick and Chet Christner.
    No Weak Circus'... Please!

When I started watching saturday nite thunder on espn / speedweek ..... Dave Despain, Gary Lee and Larry Rice added so much excitement to the race my wife & myself started speeding our saturday nites at IRP ..... Stay the nite & headed home on sunday .... A good announcer will get you off the couch & to the track ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

James Essex and Rick Eshelman are good in my world. On a regional level Michael "Spanky" Despain is my fav

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    " Davenport to the luuuuuud"........

"aaaaaaaaannnnnnd comingdownthefront straightaway straightoutta mooresbrug tennahseee driving that black sweetbloomquist chassis, its the dirtrax dominater, voodoochild black sunshine its SCAAHHHHHT BLOOOMQUIIIIIIIISSSSST"

Every single time. lol

Bret Emrick at Eldora!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    When I started watching saturday nite thunder on espn / speedweek ..... Dave Despain, Gary Lee and Larry Rice added so much excitement to the race my wife & myself started speeding our saturday nites at IRP ..... Stay the nite & headed home on sunday .... A good announcer will get you off the couch & to the track ....
    Can't forget Bob Jenkins and the late Larry Nuber (R.I.P.), 2 of the best auto racing broadcasters of all-time. I would've included them in my list but traditionally have always thought them more as TV broadcasters than track or series announcers. Although, I guess with Bob emcee'ing things at Indianapolis (Public Address Announcer) for the 500... you can kind of consider him in that fray too now.
    No Weak Circus'... Please!

Anyone but that guy at Thunderhill

I always liked and now miss Rick Eshelman. Dustin Jarret and Ben Shelton together do a great job.
    8/13/16

I always liked dave farney that flags for bbmods. He does the world finals in charlotte. I always like him when he flagged at syr and all the super dirt shows. He gets into his game lol.
    Last edited by SLIDING SIDEWAYS; 05-26-2016 at 09:49 AM.

Default True

Quote Originally Posted by SPONGEZILLA View Post
    Can't forget Bob Jenkins and the late Larry Nuber (R.I.P.), 2 of the best auto racing broadcasters of all-time. I would've included them in my list but traditionally have always thought them more as TV broadcasters than track or series announcers. Although, I guess with Bob emcee'ing things at Indianapolis (Public Address Announcer) for the 500... you can kind of consider him in that fray too now.
    To be honest I had to google it since were talkin so long ago ..... What I liked is how they explained the difference in the weight / against the horse power cars ..... They explained Mel kenyon's vw power ( less weight ) against the heavery v6 power ..... It was cool to see the lighter / less hp come to the front near the end of the run .... To be honest most the local tracks i go to know have a very poor audio system in place to even know the drivers name ...
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

yes roy salt was very good at atomic....loved him coming back last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_32d View Post
    Mike Meuer who did Highland, pevely, and belleclair who has since past. Larry Linbach for Macon and the Illinois state fair races and James Essex

I have heard a lot of these guys either online or in person and NO ONE has ever been in the same league as Meurer.....IMO. He was hilarious, he was informed and the most important thing is he knew when to talk and when to be quiet. He was the best.
    These days I enjoy Trenton Berry.

Default you got it

Quote Originally Posted by rickybrown1952 View Post
    The best Anouncer their ever was is gone his name Mike muyuer Anounced at i-55 at pevely mo.he showed a lot of compassion and excitement one of the best ever in my opinion
    i agree 100 percent, he did highland in early 90's too, before pevely. i think belle-clair on fri too. the best there was talker guy. rip

There are so many that are deserving of being mentioned that it is just easier to say James Essex is my favorite and leave it at that because otherwise I'd feel bad if I left someone out.

I always liked that you could hear Bret Emrick anywhere you sat, Brad Greer has a similar voice. Also like Ben Shelton, Dustin Jarrett, James Essex , Have met and BS'ed with those three ! lol One I thought was pretty good was Don Radebaugh.
    If your getting passed,YOUR AS SLOW AS ME !!!!