Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who is your favorite announcer?

I would have to say Mike Norris and Larry limback (spelling might be off) the best PA I have heard is at Fairbury most places you can not hear the d@mn announcer

Dustin Jarrett and James Essex.

James Essex. Rick Eshelman. Ozzy Altman.

Ben Shelton is the best announcer in Dirt Racing IMO. Honorable mention (both outside of dirt racing) would be Andy Austin (Beech Ridge Motor Speedway) and Kalle Oakes (Former announced at Oxford Plains Speedway).

Thanks,
    Jeff.

National = James Essex, Regional = Mike Norris

I was working at a customers house last week so its fresh in my mine .....His dad was the announcer at Lawernceburg & queen city speedway back in the 70's ..... Bud Cunningham .....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Back in the late 70's early 80's in bb mods was jim king. He would get u pumped up. Good interviewer also. He announced at fonda and utica rome speedways.

Scott Daliosio - Perris Auto Speedway (CA)

Not only is he a great announcer, but the PAS has the best sound system I have ever heard at a race track. You can hear Scott at all times, even during green flag action, but it's not from yelling/screaming... I would liken it to listening to the radio or TV, and then putting on quality headphones and hearing how much better the audio sounds. THAT is what it sounds like to sit in the stands at the PAS. The use of music, and just Scott's overall way of keeping the crowd excited, makes a show there very entertaining. (It has been several years since I have been there, but I believe Scott is still calling the action)

Side note... In terms of "the best sound system I have heard at a dirt track" mentioned above, I will say that Lucas Oil Speedway may equal Perris in that regard. Trenton Berry and the other guy (sorry, I don't know his name) do a great job at Wheatland during the big races.
    Last edited by dirt33; 05-24-2016 at 04:23 PM.

Ozzie Altman, Ben Shelton, James Essex, and the WOO guy!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by dirt33 View Post
    Scott Daliosio - Perris Auto Speedway (CA)

Not only is he a great announcer, but the PAS has the best sound system I have ever heard at a race track. You can hear Scott at all times, even during green flag action, but it's not from yelling/screaming... I would liken it to listening to the radio or TV, and then putting on quality headphones and hearing how much better the audio sounds. THAT is what it sounds like to sit in the stands at the PAS. The use of music, and just Scott's overall way of keeping the crowd excited, makes a show there very entertaining. (It has been several years since I have been there, but I believe Scott is still calling the action)

Side note... In terms of "the best sound system I have heard at a dirt track" mentioned above, I will say that Lucas Oil Speedway may equal Perris in that regard. Trenton Berry and the other guy (sorry, I don't know his name) do a great job at Wheatland during the big races.
    Yes indeed dirt33, Scott Daloisio is still announcing at Perris Auto Speedway (California).

You pretty much summed it up dirt33, but I would only add that Scott is not only a great announcer and highly knowledgeable of the cars, drivers and the sport in general he keeps the excitement level high without all the screaming and upspeak of drivers names, etc.

Anyone aspiring to be a race announcer, or an announcer of any sport, listen and emulate Scott Daloisio's style and knowledge and you won't go wrong!!

Hands down -James Essex

Another vote for Ben Shelton here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    I was working at a customers house last week so its fresh in my mine .....His dad was the announcer at Lawernceburg & queen city speedway back in the 70's ..... Bud Cunningham .....
    bob would that customer chris Cunningham???

Chris Stepan - USA Nationals - SHOWWWTIME!

How about Bobby Baugh he was from the days of Joe Shaheen's Springfield Speedway.
    Last edited by kidrock; 05-24-2016 at 07:06 PM.

Bret Emrick Petey Secrest Dow Carnahan

Default queen city announcer

Quote Originally Posted by smith19 View Post
    bob would that customer chris Cunningham???
    .... I was at Barry cunningham's house .... As we talked about racing he told me his dad was the announcer at the old queen city speedway .... I m not sure what order but he said lawerenceburg too ....In my mine I rememeber Bud as his dad's name ... Barry would be about 62-65 now I think
    Last edited by Bob Hubbard; 05-24-2016 at 07:06 PM.

Mike Meuer who did Highland, pevely, and belleclair who has since past. Larry Linbach for Macon and the Illinois state fair races and James Essex

Not to hi-jack the thread and add my favorite flag man too ....Ray Shike ......Sorry if I butchered the spelling ....Ray was of the same era of racing when i was a kid ....

I always love announcing with James Essex, he's the reason I got into the announcing world.

Mike Norris is amazing as well
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435
    transitionaddress@hotmail.com