Default Maybe too much drop

I will start this new. As posted at the end of the too much motor thread, by correcting the birdcage indexing and going stiffer on the RF spring the car got better. This last Saturday night went 25# stiffer on the RF and it seems to be there. Now it is hooked up to the point that the LF is off the ground at the flagstand.

Here are few specifics: With the car sitting on the ground and ride heights set, LR bite @ 50# w/ drivers weight, jack up LR corner under the seat. When the chain on left tube gets tight the drop is at 5.5" and the angle on the upper bar is 46.8*. From the floor to the center of the J-bar bolt is close to 24". GRT calls for 18" max drop from frame rail to axle tube and that is what this is and the result is the 5.5" of drop.

I know that the j-bar needs to be lowered on the frame side, I had raised it prior to correcting the indexing issues and did not take it back down. Should I just set the drop at 4" and let the overall drop be what it is? In other words not be concerned with the 18"?

The car was good enough to be 3rd in the feature Saturday night (ended up 4th as another car was able to sneak by right at the flagstand) but it needs to calmed down now.

take some drop out of it. I set mint at 44.5º because RR movement will add to the degrees.
    I have an adjustable rod I insert on the LR frame rail to the rear end housing. I set car on ground and get the right degree on upper link. and tighten chain to retain the correct degrees
    just my way of doing it.

too much drop, and j bar angle will make them wheelie, but make minor adjustments, if car is good do not take big swings at it.
    I am not a GRT guy though so I don't know about the other questions mentioned
    Last edited by JustAddDirt; 05-25-2016 at 09:43 AM.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Personally I would try taking some of the J bar rake out of the deal first. If the drop is what GRT calls for I would try and stick around there. Obviously what their baseline is and what each driver prefers will vary, but I don't see that as being the issue. Just my 2 cents

Rake that J bar, take out drop and put some steer in her and let r fly
    When it seems all eyes are on you when you're wearing a new pair of jeans you wonder why everyone thinks you look so darn good in them. When taking them off you notice the sticker still on the pant leg.