Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

NASCAR without the two faced double dealing and clandestine back stabbing certainly was for ol' Smokey.

If only half of the lowly crap dished out by NASCAR as described in Smokey's autobiography actually took place it would be more than enough to develop a very jaundiced outlook. Personally, I firmly believe most of what Smokey describes. At the time of the writing of Smokey Yunick's memoirs I do not believe dishonest misrepresentation of what he perceived to be the truth was any part of the purpose of him writing them.

I apologize for the thread hijack.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    NASCAR without the two faced double dealing and clandestine back stabbing certainly was for ol' Smokey. If only half of the lowly crap dished out by NASCAR as described in Smokey's autobiography actually took place it would be more than enough to develop a very jaundiced outlook. Personally, I firmly believe most of what Smokey describes. At the time of the writing of Smokey Yunick's memoirs I do not believe dishonest misrepresentation of what he perceived to be the truth was any part of the purpose of him writing them. I apologize for the thread hijack.
    Is it his book where he made the quote that Bill France couldn't figure out how to pour piss out of a cowboy boot even if it had instructions on the heel" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Is it his book where he made the quote that Bill France couldn't figure out how to pour piss out of a cowboy boot even if it had instructions on the heel" ?
    I don't remember the boot quote specifically but then again I'm working on memory so the fact that I don't remember it is not an indication that it's not somewhere in the book.

The quote about Billy France Jr. that I DO remember is the one where he says France Jr. acts as if he played with himself too much as a child. LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I don't remember the boot quote specifically but then again I'm working on memory so the fact that I don't remember it is not an indication that it's not somewhere in the book. The quote about Billy France Jr. that I DO remember is the one where he says France Jr. acts as if he played with himself too much as a child. LOL!!
    The lord only knows what the opinion would be of Brian France !!

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    The lord only knows what the opinion would be of Brian France !!
    Ole Smokey would probly say that he, Helton, and Hunter play with each other!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!