Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Molar raceway woo race BOOOO

The track was horrible one lane trump train on the bottom no passing boring

Was Matt screaming the whole time making it sound very exciting?

yea, it was unusual for Moler to be bottom dominant. a few guys tried the top with not much success. good crowd. Yea Shane Clanton!!

The cars were almost on the go kart track in 3 & 4. I don't know why they didn't push those tires back out. It wasn't a very good race, IMO. But it beat a Friday night/Saturday morning at work, so I can't complain too much.

Last season was some of the best all out racing I have ever seen anywhere. Someone different prepping the track. Last season you could have probably ran 2 more super late model features at the end of the night without a total black slick situation.

How doid the pride of molers do ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtMAN007 View Post
    How doid the pride of molers do ?

He's still on the track!

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    The cars were almost on the go kart track in 3 & 4. I don't know why they didn't push those tires back out. It wasn't a very good race, IMO. But it beat a Friday night/Saturday morning at work, so I can't complain too much.
    Must be a WoO thing because the same thing happened at Duck River last month with the tires pushed way in more than usual. Pretty much killed the high line.

Did they invert top 2 from heats? How the hell did Shirley start 7th if he won a heat?

The WOO does a re-draw for top 2 in all 4 heats. Shirley obviously drew the "7". I wasn't there and did not see the video but Richards came from 8th to 2nd so there must have been a little passing. I'm sure it still wasn't what folks from around there are used to seeing. John 1*
    Last edited by jrkracing54; 05-28-2016 at 04:20 PM.
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
    — Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by LMPunk View Post
    Must be a WoO thing because the same thing happened at Duck River last month with the tires pushed way in more than usual. Pretty much killed the high line.
    I've been there a lot. I've never seen the tires get that far down. I don't know what 1 & 2 looked like. It really killed the race IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jrkracing54 View Post
    The WOO does a re-draw for top 2 in all 4 heats. Shirley obviously drew the "7". I wasn't there and did not see the video but Richards came from 8th to 2nd so there must have been a little passing. I'm sure it still wasn't what folks from around there are used to seeing. John 1*
    Some of those cars ahead of him dropped out. Track was pitiful. Dusty during hot laps. I am a regular at moler raceway and ive already stressed my opinion to them. When you have a group of the baddest late models in the country showing up, dont forget your water truck at the house. Pitiful. Train race. Ppl dont show up to watch fast cars go slow. I talked with a few of the drivers in the pits that both stressed it was a terrible track. One saying "quit with the god (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) sheeps foot! Feels like running with 4 bent rims." The other which was a woo driver couldnt believe they called cars out to hot lap on a "baseball field" which was about what it was like. Sad part is, they know how to prep a track. Normally a good bottom groove and top cushion. Neither could be found last night i assure u that. Sucked. I will be back to support them though. I love the track but the dropped the ball BAD on this one. Note to mrp. If track is dusty and getting black in hot laps, get the water truck back out. The night could have been salvaged. Hell the track easnt even dark colored before the first car hit the track. Had last night been the first night id been to mrp id never go back again.

Richards started 5th, not 8th. He got to 3rd on the first lap and after Eckert dropped out he went to 2nd and stayed there. Moran got the 8 pill, and finished 5th.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 05-28-2016 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Richards started 5th, not 8th. He got to 3rd on the first lap and after Eckert dropped out he went to 2nd and stayed there. Moran got the 8 pill, and finished 5th.
    O.K. the D.O.D. page shows Richards started 8th but like I said I wasn't there. I was just trying to give credit where it was due from what I read. I'm sure the racing was not very good especially for a big event where you would expect the track to be on their A-game as far as track prep goes. I don't understand why a lot of track do that for their big shows. Are they afraid of getting the track too heavy and there not being any passing because of that? I understand that slick tracks often provide for better racing but you gotta have a couple grooves.
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
    — Heraclitus

O.K. the D.O.D. page shows Richards started 8th but like I said I wasn't there. I was just trying to give credit where it was due from what I read. I'm sure the racing was not very good especially for a big event where you would expect the track to be on their A-game as far as track prep goes. I don't understand why a lot of track do that for their big shows. Are they afraid of getting the track too heavy and there not being any passing because of that? I understand that slick tracks often provide for better racing but you gotta have a couple grooves.

I think if they had left the track alone after the heats, the race would've been better. They watered they very top, and very bottom of the track, which was odd to me, never seen them do that before. Moler is best when it slicks off to a curb at the top. When they watered the top it ruined all chances of that happening early. Jameson was rolling pretty good on the top at the end, but was so deep in traffic it was impossible to move forward very much.

Im at a loss at times what tracks do with the surface .... The last several years at the North/South race I saw great racing both top n bottom right up till the main .... So right before the 100 lap main they stop and take an hour to re-do the track .... MY guess is to sell more hot -dogs .....Anyway after they rework the track the only groove is the bottom .... Florence has been around a long time so i figure they know ..... Maybe moler could have re-done the track ....I dunno . But it didnt help florence when they do it ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by racecrazed View Post
    Some of those cars ahead of him dropped out. Track was pitiful. Dusty during hot laps. I am a regular at moler raceway and ive already stressed my opinion to them. When you have a group of the baddest late models in the country showing up, dont forget your water truck at the house. Pitiful. Train race. Ppl dont show up to watch fast cars go slow. I talked with a few of the drivers in the pits that both stressed it was a terrible track. One saying "quit with the god (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) sheeps foot! Feels like running with 4 bent rims." The other which was a woo driver couldnt believe they called cars out to hot lap on a "baseball field" which was about what it was like. Sad part is, they know how to prep a track. Normally a good bottom groove and top cushion. Neither could be found last night i assure u that. Sucked. I will be back to support them though. I love the track but the dropped the ball BAD on this one. Note to mrp. If track is dusty and getting black in hot laps, get the water truck back out. The night could have been salvaged. Hell the track easnt even dark colored before the first car hit the track. Had last night been the first night id been to mrp id never go back again.

Now that's real freedom of speech without some kid from Bloomington ragging on you for speaking up!

You know where to find me at too! @ MrNunn. You out there?

I was at a track that was blacker than coal from top to bottom last night, so I feel your pain!

Blackstown Speedway.

at least you got to see a race live I had to really on lucasracing.tv last night only had one track in the area running weekend and I will leave it go at that

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    at least you got to see a race live I had to really on lucasracing.tv last night only had one track in the area running weekend and I will leave it go at that
    Actually I'm not feeling too thankful for it at this time. It's time to start hitting the road it appears.