Unhappy HELP... head and block restoration question...???

Is it possible, or has anyone had it done... to weld up the casting between cylinders 3-5 and 4-6 on Dart Little M block and Iron Eagle heads...? Apparently head gasket let go a long time ago and was never noticed, and now a huge ditch got cut between each of the bores and quench, and they are way too deep mill, as the deck is already 9.00, and the cuts in heads are deeper than the intake valve pocket. Is it possible to save these Dart pieces, or do I now own $5k+ worth of boat anchors...???

possible boat anchor. Heads sure sound like it. You can cut the block clear down until the water pump bolt threads start showing.

Don't know why you couldn't sleeve the block. Theres plenty of race motors that run sleeved blocks. As far as the heads, take them to a quality head repair shop. But since they aren't that expensive, it'll probly be cheaper to replace.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Sleeves won't fix his block problem.If its not over .200 deep slot on the block I might be interested.Heads are history.

Thanks guys, I think I have found somebody who might be able to save the block, and possibly the heads too if he can weld on them...??? I got to meet with him in a couple weeks to let him look at them. Dart claims their Little M decks start out .675" ... and this block is already shaved to 9.00. I put a straight edge and could just barely squeeze a .018 feeler under it. With the deck already at 9.00, if milled again another 20 with no welding, then use extra thick gaskets, I should be ok ...? Will update after I meet with this pro race engine builder to see what he thinks...

Contact Dover cylinder head service in Chattanooga TN. 423 624 5161. They have fixed things that I thought would be impossible to repair.

Default Fixable

Both saveable. I had heads fixed years ago. Sportsman 2 heads. Small machine/welding shop (yes builds motors too) fixed mine and very reasonable. Said have to get cast hot, weld, and use torch to slowly cool if recall right. Was deep gouge, maybe 3/8 or deep. Wasn't into valve depth when closed but was good one
    Last edited by Jim11h; 09-07-2016 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Wrong wording

Update: missed my connection with the engine master in Colorado, so I took the block to my previously proven machinist in El Paso TX... Greg Stafford at Stafford Performance/Car Parts Machine. Turns out the deck was NOT 9.000 as first believed, but was actually 9.010... so he started milling and was able to stop at 8.989. Now we are researching for below zero deck pistons, and using extra thick Cometic MLS gaskets the block will be saved... yay...! I have scrapped the heads though... just not worth the risk.. :/ Thanks for all your recommendations guys, I appreciate the help...

I've used pistons that come out of the hole .030 and a .070 cometic gasket on repaired blocks before.

Contact Racetec out in CA. They build custom pistons and are very reasonable.
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!

Heads and block are both easily fixable.