Default How are they doing

How are they doing at this point in the season: Blommer is Bloomer, Richards starts off good now has cooled off, Shirly starts off good and now has cooled off, Davenport starts off good but, looks like having some mechanical issue mainly with his brakes causing him some problems, Owens starts off bad and looks like he's turning the corner, Francis starts off bad and looks like he's slowly turning the corner, Lanigan and Oneal still struggling. Pierce well what else is there to say but, he's all over the map but, he start off the evening in hole but come feature time he is the show some nights. Babb just looks like he needs more time in the new chassis and needs to race more, Erb is right there just need a little something especially for when the tracks are rough. Feger still trying to get a chassis that fits his driving style.

Add your own thoughts and add any driver you want

Feger won last night with Moyer car at spoon river

How about "consistent Clanton in the Capital", and after last night maybe Davenport should get more credit than he gets for 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    How are they doing at this point in the season: Blommer is Bloomer, Richards starts off good now has cooled off, Shirly starts off good and now has cooled off, Davenport starts off good but, looks like having some mechanical issue mainly with his brakes causing him some problems, Owens starts off bad and looks like he's turning the corner, Francis starts off bad and looks like he's slowly turning the corner, Lanigan and Oneal still struggling. Pierce well what else is there to say but, he's all over the map but, he start off the evening in hole but come feature time he is the show some nights. Babb just looks like he needs more time in the new chassis and needs to race more, Erb is right there just need a little something especially for when the tracks are rough. Feger still trying to get a chassis that fits his driving style.

Add your own thoughts and add any driver you want
    Richards just won on Saturday night, and had the fastest car on Sunday at Tyler as well (by far, he was in a league of his own coming from dead last to 8th after making a pit stop around half way. He was catching Dohm at the end. He probably would have won the race had he not got caught up in Overton spinning directly in front of him). I wouldn't say he has cooled off.

Davenport started good, and is still doing good. He just won last night in Weavers car.

Owens has won one race and is now turning the corner? Its a big win and I'm glad to see it, but he could just as easily go back to being mid pack in the next race. Lucas Oil Speedway is one of his best tracks after all.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Richards just won on Saturday night, and had the fastest car on Sunday at Tyler as well (by far, he was in a league of his own coming from dead last to 8th after making a pit stop around half way. He was catching Dohm at the end. He probably would have won the race had he not got caught up in Overton spinning directly in front of him). I wouldn't say he has cooled off.

Davenport started good, and is still doing good. He just won last night in Weavers car.

Owens has won one race and is now turning the corner? Its a big win and I'm glad to see it, but he could just as easily go back to being mid pack in the next race. Lucas Oil Speedway is one of his best tracks after all.
    I guess where I'm coming from and how dominate Richards and Davenport was at the begining of the year.

And with Davenport like I said it looks like he's having mainly brake issues that's causing some of his problems.

As far as Owens not I'm going by just this one victory but, from where they were at the begining of the year it seems like they are getting better not great but, better

I guess where I'm coming from and how dominate Richards and Davenport was at the begining of the year.

And with Davenport like I said it looks like he's having mainly brake issues that's causing some of his problems.

As far as Owens not I'm going by just this one victory but, from where they were at the begining of the year it seems like they are getting better not great but, better
    On Owens I agree, he was complete junk early in the season. But as recently as Oshkosh and LaSalle he was also complete junk. I think we have got to a point in the season where Owens excels. Although to his credit he generally does well early as well. I think the feeling out process for the BWRC is significant. It would be like taking Bloomquist and putting him in a GRT, he would have some flashes of brilliance but it would take awhile to get the car dialed back in to compete on a national level.

Both Richards and Davenport were very hot early, and I think are still two of the three most competitive cars in the entire country. While they have both had some bad luck in recent weeks, when the car works and they don't have any bad luck they are always going to run up front.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

How are they doing at this point in the season: Blommer is Bloomer, Richards starts off good now has cooled off, Shirly starts off good and now has cooled off, Davenport starts off good but, looks like having some mechanical issue mainly with his brakes causing him some problems, Owens starts off bad and looks like he's turning the corner, Francis starts off bad and looks like he's slowly turning the corner, Lanigan and Oneal still struggling. Pierce well what else is there to say but, he's all over the map but, he start off the evening in hole but come feature time he is the show some nights. Babb just looks like he needs more time in the new chassis and needs to race more, Erb is right there just need a little something especially for when the tracks are rough. Feger still trying to get a chassis that fits his driving style. Add your own thoughts and add any driver you want
    I don't think anyone has been as consistent as Richards 11 wins / 21 top 3's in 26 starts. So I don't see were he cooled off. Bloomquist just had a very subpar weekend in Wis and IL he has been hot and cold for the whole season. Davenport has been more consistent than Bloomquist.
    Last edited by onlyfacts; 05-30-2016 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    I don't think anyone has been as consistent as Richards 11 wins / 21 top 3's in 26 starts. So I don't see were he cooled off. Bloomquist just had a very subpar weekend in Wis and IL he has been hot and cold for the whole season. Davenport has been more consistent than Bloomquist.
    I stand corrected on Richards I guess I got so used to hearing about him winning so much and since speedweeks he only has 3 wins but, I didn't realize he had 21 top 3 in 26 starts.

I stand corrected on Richards I guess I got so used to hearing about him winning so much and since speedweeks he only has 3 wins but, I didn't realize he had 21 top 3 in 26 starts.
    Corrected again 4 wins in 11 starts since speedweeks.

Must be nice to have a man crush. *sarcasm*

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    Corrected again 4 wins in 11 starts since speedweeks.
    Yes your right again. He did get 2 wins at Farmer City so, he's only won twice since early April.

It looks like Davenport is back to his winning ways with 2 victories the last 2 nights.
    Last edited by kidrock; 05-31-2016 at 09:38 AM.

I sometimes wonder how people compare racers. Hot Cold or sinking ships. Each race is compared to every other as if there was no difference in the tracks. They start off the year on sandy abrasive tracks, then run on dry red clay bull rings then black gumbo mid-west tracks, short and long. Each car works better on some. Each driver works better than some on each track. Some tracks give you a win if you time trial well. Some you have to race your way to the checkers. We all know some of them are generally faster than the others, but I throw ratings away when the green falls and rate them after the checkers.

Yes your right again. He did get 2 wins at Farmer City so, he's only won twice since early April.

It looks like Davenport is back to his winning ways with 2 victories the last 2 nights.
    I think Davenport never stopped with his winning ways, the competition stepped it up to his level but I don't think anyone has really surpassed him. Last season he really started to hit his stride right around this point in the season. I know some of his tracks are coming up so I'd watch out for him.

I don't think winning those So Natls. races is anything to make you change your opinion on his season though. That is a competitive regional series but someone like Davenport should be winning those more often than not when he shows up. He is in good equipment, and he is one of the three best in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    I think Davenport never stopped with his winning ways, the competition stepped it up to his level but I don't think anyone has really surpassed him. Last season he really started to hit his stride right around this point in the season. I know some of his tracks are coming up so I'd watch out for him.

I don't think winning those So Natls. races is anything to make you change your opinion on his season though. That is a competitive regional series but someone like Davenport should be winning those more often than not when he shows up. He is in good equipment, and he is one of the three best in the country.
    Yes it's not the level of competition of lucas but, like you said still some pretty competitive cars and drivers and winning in someone else's equipment. You know if I had not pointed that out someone would have come on here and pointed that out.

I just felt like when he and Josh started off in Florida they were winning everything and the talk was they were going to dominate this year and I was just pointing out they have cooled off some since then and are not winning everything. still winning but, not everything.

I'm a fan of both as a matter of fact that's how I came up with my screen name on here from Kid Rocket. I remember all the bashing Josh would get because of driving for his dad and I always thought yeah but, he can back it up and that's all that matter's
    Last edited by kidrock; 05-31-2016 at 03:13 PM.

Yes it's not the level of competition of lucas but, like you said still some pretty competitive cars and drivers and winning in someone else's equipment. You know if I had not pointed that out someone would have come on here and pointed that out.

I just felt like when he and Josh started off in Florida they were winning everything and the talk was they were going to dominate this year and I was just pointing out they have cooled off some since then and are not winning everything. still winning but, not everything.

I'm a fan of both as a matter of fact that's how I came up with my screen name on here from Kid Rocket. I remember all the bashing Josh would get because of driving for his dad and I always thought yeah but, he can back it up and that's all that matter's
    I don't think Josh has cooled off at all. Lil bad luck has hampered his finishes but he's usually the fastest car on the track.

Take nothing away from Dohm, but Josh probably would have won that race had he not gone to the back.

JD has been fast but nothing like last year. For some reason the 6 car doesn't seem to turn like it did when he was dominating every race he showed up at. Things could very well change for the better when the weather dries up and we start seeing more dry slick tracks. So far these guys have been racing on some pretty fast and treacherous surfaces.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I don't think Josh has cooled off at all. Lil bad luck has hampered his finishes but he's usually the fastest car on the track.

Take nothing away from Dohm, but Josh probably would have won that race had he not gone to the back.

JD has been fast but nothing like last year. For some reason the 6 car doesn't seem to turn like it did when he was dominating every race he showed up at. Things could very well change for the better when the weather dries up and we start seeing more dry slick tracks. So far these guys have been racing on some pretty fast and treacherous surfaces.
    Yeah I stand corrected on Josh even though he's only won twice since the first week in April he has finished in the top 21 out of 26 as onlyfacts pointed out. and like you have pointed out could have won more if not for bad luck.