FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 31, 2016

Tony Jackson Jr. Wins Tony Roper Memorial; Top-5 in Show Me 100

Lebanon, Missouri (05/31/16) – Tony Jackson Jr. enjoyed a great weekend of racing in home state behind the wheel of his Odell Trucking LLC #56 Smith Creek Moonshine/Longhorn by Weaver/Cornett Racing Engine Super Late Model. The Missouri-racer recorded a 5th-place finish in the 24th Annual Lucas Oil Show Me 100 finale before taking the victory in the Tony Roper Memorial on Sunday evening.

Competing in the annual Cowboy Classic, Tony Jackson Jr. made the short trip to Lucas Oil Speedway (Wheatland, Missouri) on Thursday night for the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) sanctioned event. The program served as the opening round of the 24th Annual Lucas Oil Show Me 100. With 57-cars signed in, Jackson Jr. captured a runner-up finish in his heat behind Jimmy Owens, earning him an 8th place starting position for the feature. With $6,000 on the line, Tony fell back to a 16th-place finish in the 45-lapper.

The following night for the inaugural Tribute to Don and Billie Gibson feature, Tony edged his way into the $6,000-to-win A-Main with a 3rd-place outing in his heat. Starting in 13th, Jackson Jr. slipped two positions in the main event, logging a 15th-place finish.

Wrapping up the three-day LOLMDS event, Jackson Jr. secured a 15th place starting spot for the 24th Annual Show-Me 100 via his results in the previous two nights. Working his way through the field ten spots, Tony notched an impressive 5th-place finish in the $30,000-to-win, A-Main finishing behind race winner, Jimmy Owens, Scott Bloomquist, Jesse Stovall, and Jonathan Davenport.

On Sunday night, Tony Jackson Jr. stopped at Monett Speedway (Monett, Missouri) for the MARS DIRTcar Series-sanctioned, Tony Roper Memorial. In a field of 23- cars, Jackson Jr. scored a runner-up finish in his heat behind Justin Asplin, earning him a 3rd-row starting spot for the feature. Storming to the lead, Tony Jackson Jr. streaked to his second victory of the season with Terry Phillips, Jesse Stovall, Matt Furman, and Justin Wells trailing him to the checkers. The win was worth $3,000.

“We are making some major strides on the new Longhorn,” commented Jackson Jr. “I’m starting to really get to the point to where I feel comfortable in the car. To finish 5th in the Show Me 100 and then win the Tony Roper Memorial made for a really nice weekend for our team.”

Full results from the weekend are available at www.LucasDirt.com and www.MARSRacingSeries.com .

Team 56 will head north this weekend to compete in a trio of $3,000-to-win events with the Lucas Oil Midwest Late Mode Racing Association (MLRA). Action opens on Thursday, June 2 at Southern Iowa Speedway (Oskaloosa, Iowa) before moving to Lee County Speedway (Donnellson, Iowa) on Friday evening. The weekend will draw to a close on Saturday night at Randolph County Raceway (Moberly, Missouri). For more information on the events, please visit www.MLRARacing.com .

Tony Jackson Jr. would to like to thank all of his marketing partners, which include Odell Trucking LLC, Lindsay Chevrolet, Smith Creek Moonshine, Merrill Bonding, RaceNote, Budweiser, Cornett Race Engines, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Shocks, Hyperco, Longhorn by Weaver, Tony Jackson Jr. Motorsports, Bill Frye Motorsports, R2C Performance, Longacre Racing Products, Champion Oil, Supermoon Graphics, Midwest Sheet Metal, Willard Quarries, Fast Shafts, AFCO Brake Systems, Simpson Race Products, Off Axis Paint, VP Heartland Fuels, Hoosier Tire Midwest, Performance Bodies, Butlerbuilt, KRC Power Steering, Lone Oak Printing, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For more information on Tony Jackson Jr. Motorsports, please visit his official internet home at www.TonyJacksonJr.com as well as the team's Facebook Fan Page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tony-J...r/497367940564 .