Default What Are Some Funnier Ways Car Owners Have Fired Drivers?

I've heard several stories over the years of how a car owner has fired the driver...

Would love to hear your stories...
    "In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
    --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Henry View Post
    I've heard several stories over the years of how a car owner has fired the driver...

Would love to hear your stories...
    I remember a driver wanting to get fired by his car owner. I don't know all of the details but Bryan Dunaway junked a car that Roger Freidman owned and walked back to pits and said " There is YOUR car, Have a good night" That was the last time I saw Bryan race.

Stroker Ace was probably the best one.

Sprint car story, Steve Stapp, some of you may know Bopper. Anyway, Driver was whining about the car this, car that, not fast etc.

Bopper climbs in the car, he is a large man its a wonder he fit in it at all, overalls on, puts a helmet on, goes out and holds down the loud pedal to the floor for 2 laps. Comes back in, says there is nothing wrong with this car, get your ish and hit the road.

LOL story was told to me by someone that used to drive for him.

Just say no...

I don't know the specifics of the story, but wasn't it Billy Ogle Jr that got fired/quit in the middle of the World 100 a couple years ago? I believe Donald McIntosh drove the car on the Saturday night.

One wildly popular midwest driver was returning from Florida Speedweeks, where he popped every motor he could find or get ahold of.... I heard more than 5 motors in one week..... on the way home the hauler broke down outside of Atlanta.... him and his wife got their stuff out of the hauler, got a cab to the airport and flew home. Once home he (allegedly) called the owner and told him where his piece of garbage hauler, two cars and several junk engines were sitting along the interstate in Georgia....
    Racenut Rambles on Facebook