Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Keeping the LF on the ground

We are having trouble with the LF off the ground a good 6-10". We are running 57.6 rear, 30lbs bite, 51.6 left side. 1/4 trail 550lf 600rf 175lr 200rr most of our tracks have been on the bottom all year and we are really struggling being consistent on the tires.

Forgot to mention J bar is level with pinion on QC with 6" of rake. 4 1/4 chain drop

I would try bumping up left side to atleast 52.5 that should help

Would going from a 3-4 rr shock to a 4-4 help at all?

Things to try, take lr upper bar angle out some, take some jbar rake out(raise on pinion), shorting lr drop. Try one at a time to see if that helps, I would try jbar 1st and best of luck.

Raise J-bar on pinion to top. Take 1/4in of drop out. Try again. Might also reduce rear%.

Where is your lead stacked?

% with or without driver?

I don't think a stiffer rr comp would do much other then slow down how soon it get in rr and lifts lf but it prolly willbstillndo it just later

I just can't figure out how these guys are burying the RR and RF but still have the LF planted

The lower u go on the rf the harder it is for the lf to be in the air ...how much travel do u have on rf? Softer spring may help...that along with more left side are two things I'd look at

Get the right side slammed. What's your left upper angle overall and is it 17"? If so shorten that thing up! Leave the J bar rake. We run way more than that hahaha. Get left side percent up as well. Taller LF ball joint get in there. is the LR spring still loaded at full hike? Should be if you're at 4.25"...
    When it seems all eyes are on you when you're wearing a new pair of jeans you wonder why everyone thinks you look so darn good in them. When taking them off you notice the sticker still on the pant leg.

17 on top 15s on bottom. Around 47 degrees at full drop. Have tall ball joint in there already. LR is preloaded at full drop. I've noticed all the fast guys that are dominating my area have the j bar clear to the bottom on the pinion. I've been moving both sides down slowly but it seems like LF comes up more as I do this. Are they running less rake or more rake to plant the LF ??

while lowering the j-bar on both mounting positions you are effectively lowering rear roll center, and making all the weight above that point want to flop over on the RR tire.
    Typically I do not move the chassis mount, but, I start out night at pinion centerline, and move down as track slicks off.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Also what's your rear end offset. RF to rr?
    When it seems all eyes are on you when you're wearing a new pair of jeans you wonder why everyone thinks you look so darn good in them. When taking them off you notice the sticker still on the pant leg.

Why are you worried about pinning the LF tire? How is your car handling? Are you competitive? Is it too tight or too loose?

Quote Originally Posted by mod88s View Post
    Why are you worried about pinning the LF tire? How is your car handling? Are you competitive? Is it too tight or too loose?
    Car is too tight all around. We have went from 70 to 30lbs of bite. We cannot make consistent laps and struggling to be competive.

Do you have a 9in shock on the LF? Can you post some pics of the car so we can get an idea of how hiked up it is? 4.25in of drop isn't turning over carrying the LF territory really.

Concentrate on getting entry fixed then start working other areas. Soften LF spring, more LS%, raise j-bar on pinion, Reduce rear%. Taking wedge out probably made the issue worse on entry.

What brand of shocks and how long since rebuilt?

What kind of car and what year is it? What are the angles on the rear bars?

7" shock on LF base valve integras from precision performance. 2011 Harris car I will get some angles this afternoon

If you haven't already, you might want to call Harris and talk to them. Typically speaking, that is the first thing to do. JMO.

Also check to see if you're bottoming RF shock. That will cause a loose in and tight on throttle condition. I've dealt with a lot of base valve shock guys having this issue because of the shock body length being longer and mounts not mounted properly for travel.