Default Boyds north ga cleveland speedway

North ga east tn area used to be a hot bed for racing now you have to beg the permotors to race once a month if your lucky cleveland is down you would think one of the other tracks would step up not sure whats going on here

last regular show at boyds had thirty five cars and 47 fans. gave every one 50 in tow money and entry fee back. free practice. cant operate like that. same with Cleveland.
    victim

Have started going to 75 and Smokey Mnts. Big shows. A longer drive... But I am going to support tracks that Race.
    "SLM Junkie"

Don't know if it means anything but was by Cleveland Tue an saw several people looking around out back by highway

These recent developments in that part of the state has indeed been rough. People some years back trashed Cleveland's promoter for petty stuff yet the track was having lot's of shows with multi touring series with great crowds.

North Georgia has always been a puzzle, great track but I just can't put a definite finger why the track has had issues, is it location? Promoters? Or is it just the sign of the times in 2016?

Boyds is the one that defies logic to me. That place was the place to be on Friday nights. It seemed that Boyds was one of the rare success storys of Friday night regular shows in the South. When the Harvey's had it, the track was doing well whenever I had the chance to drive up there. Now it has lost the cars, fans and dates. The reasons? May be many. In the last 2 weeks I have had the chance to talk to a number of long time racers and players in this business. The consensus seems to be a unhappiness with a myriad of highly unpopular rules changes in many classes. That may or may not be true, just what was spoken to me. Even one former employee at Boyds has lamented the situation these days as this person was involved in the track.

Whatever the case may be, it is sure not a good thing .

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Bout 8 this morning survey company trucks in back lot setting up at Cleveland

Boyds is completely baffling to me. It's been completely upgraded. With the curfew it's never extremely late. It's in a perfect location. I know some will say they've done this and that, but those same people are probably mad they have nowhere to race right now.

North Georgia is easier to understand. It's gone through 212 promoters in the last decade. None of which had the patience, funds, or vision to see it through. When right it's the best track of the three. Not the best facilities, strictly track. Location is tough, and they do run late sometimes. The promoter not owning the track I'm sure hinders someone really wanting to pump money into it. Getting it back to good would be a 2-3 year process that would take some considerable disposable income. It's just been such a tumultuous past 10 years or so it would take a while to win back people's trust.

In a perfect world those two would have uniform rules, a combined points fund, and alternate nights. If not that then run each every other week while sharing rules and points. I think the art of promoting in this area is a little dead now too. You can't just have a Facebook page and hope for the best. You have to stay in people's consciousness more now.

It's a shame, I know people have tried at all of them. Of the three Boyd's has the best package top to bottom, but all three are really good when everything is right.

so fix the race track at boyds so you don't have one groove, they are willing to loose thousands of dollars on a stupid concert but not willing to invest in new dirt for the race track so you can race on it and not follow the leader, quit racing at your on race track, get a track crew that don't have race cars racing on the race track making calls, do what you say your gona do and do it the same every week, don't change the rules for the top class in march 3 weeks before the start of the season, make a schedule and stick with it weather permitting, and STOP QUALIFYING !!!!!!!!!!