Default Low hp Pullbar setup

Ok guys i need some help. I run a Usra Bmod with a solid pullbar and Im going to go to a new track that runs emods. 3link with pull bar, vortec heads and 4 barrel. I have a spring pull bar but it has a 1200 lb spring on it. I am thinking since i have way less hp then these guys should I run a much lighter spring? like 600 or 800?

I wouldn't go any softer than 800#. Going from a solid to a 1200# may not be a huge difference, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Honestly if you are fast with what you have a solid bar can still be fast or faster than a regular pull bar.

You'll want a stiffer set up for less hp. I'd go with a urethane bar as they seem to not upset the car as much.

Less motor equals less at the rear wheels. Use what you have, or maybe a little stiffer. Don't go any softer.
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

on my usra B mod when we could run a spring pull bar I ran a 800# spring and had 1 1/2" of travel worked good for me

Springs in front, top, behind else where, track shape, size, and condition all play a part as well. If you have the ability to use your right foot a solid bar will do just fine in my opinion.

Lr in front 200#, rr on top 175#. Small stop and go 3/8. Flat. Lr bar 20* up, rr 5* up, both 16". Pull bar 18* down

Because the LR is in front the axle wrap will load the LR and make the car looser on entry and tighter on the throttle.