Thread: Sport mod help

Default Sport mod help

Just got a 2008 Jet Sportmod. Trying to get the car dialed in. LF is 750#, RF is 600#, LR is 225#, RR is 175#. Scale weights were 56% Rear, 52.5% Left, 50% Cross and 70# of Bite (all without driver). The car was tight tight tight off throttle and looose on throttle so I put some more LR bite in it and now the car isn't getting up on the bars and im burning the tires off the car all the way around the track (with crate and powerglide). Any ideas on how to get it to drive off? Before I put more LR bite in it the car was on the bars but still didn't have great forward drive.

What are your bar angles

Sounds like over powering LR. Where's your rr drive? Rebound the rr and make sure you don't have to much angle in rr as well. Gotta keep the weight there as well. If you can't get through the corner your momentum will suck and you won't have the straight away speed you want hence less traction as well.
    When it seems all eyes are on you when you're wearing a new pair of jeans you wonder why everyone thinks you look so darn good in them. When taking them off you notice the sticker still on the pant leg.

left bar is 27 degrees and right bar is at 13 degrees when sitting on ground.

What's your l/ r at full drop. And sounds like to much on right rear

Lr at full drop is 47 degrees.

I think you got too much front spring split. I would soften the lf to 650, lr to175, and put bite back to 70lbs.

You should work on your entry so you don't mess the whole corner up.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

i run 600lf, 550rf, 200lr, 175lr, lr bar* 20, rr 5* seems to work great on big 3/8. oh and 90* bite on lr. i have been wondering about what guys are setting for lr angle at full drop. i broke a chain last week and the car had tons of drive but was trying drive the lr under the car.

47 degrees might be a little to much but i guess ill find out

I really like the lighter front springs. Mine is 550lf, 500rf, 175lr, 175rr. LR bar at 32* rr bar 0* on the ground. 1" of panhard bar on a slick track. Car seems to have a lot of drive and a lot of roll steer so you can wheel on the gas when it gets slick.

Set it to what the Jet setup manual says. Chevelle or impala stub? I tried a bunch of different stuff and once I finaly did what Jet says to do, the car came to life. One thing I didn't believe until I tried it was NO MORE than 40# LR bite. Thats with driver in the car. without me in the car the rear weights are even.

Yeah I set it to the jet book and it's on a rail now. Only thing I don't like about it is the my rear Spring mounts don't line up right. The springs sit at an angle, looks goofy but it's driving great.

mine is like that, too. the rr spring is like that so it rolls on top of it and is straight when on the rr tire. the lr spring really doesnt matter because it should be almost always hiked up.