Thread: Colton Flinner?

Default Colton Flinner?

Anybody know his story, never heard his name until this year. I saw where he had a small hauler at Atomic this year, but is running the whole tour. Seems like he gets a provisional every night, how does that work? Also seems like he's always in Bloomquist's way late in races a lot.

Hes a jam car!

He was a pretty good crate racer and won a fair amount of races until a couple years back, then he moved up to supers and ran in western PA. He is/was competitive locally, but still a pretty big step down from the other top guys in the region. It was very surprising when he hopped out on tour, but it should make him a much better regional racer in the long run.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Yeah i was suprised when i saw him in Ocala for the Lucas race in Feb. Was a fan of his dad back in the day when he ran the d11. I know his old man has a decal/lettering business, not sure who else has $ involved but seems to be enough to keep him on tour to get experience

Quote Originally Posted by jlacey View Post
    Yeah i was suprised when i saw him in Ocala for the Lucas race in Feb. Was a fan of his dad back in the day when he ran the d11. I know his old man has a decal/lettering business, not sure who else has $ involved but seems to be enough to keep him on tour to get experience
    He's not John Flinner's kid. He's a nephew.

My mistake. I always assumed it was his kid

My mistake. I always assumed it was his kid
    I thought that when he first started racing, too.

Yeah i never really looked into it much and ive never been to ppms or Lernerville, so the 1st time seeing him in person was the world finals last year. Just started seeing Colton's name showing up more in the results and John's name less and less. So just assumed it was his kid and he was helping him out. Either way i hope it works out for him.

Yeah i never really looked into it much and ive never been to ppms or Lernerville, so the 1st time seeing him in person was the world finals last year. Just started seeing Colton's name showing up more in the results and John's name less and less. So just assumed it was his kid and he was helping him out. Either way i hope it works out for him.
    John still races sometimes at Lernerville and PPMS. He's not a full time regular at either track, but he runs a fair amount of shows. He did take a year off a few years back.

Getting out on the road and getting that experience will help him as a driver and a team. I like seeing new drivers step up. I'm thinking he's getting a provisional every night because he's running for ROTY and most of the other LOLMDS cars make the race thru the prelims. I give him props because it couldn't be an easy decision to run a regional series. Especially if he just moved up to supers. I hope it all works for him.
    Next Race: 3/31/18 "Bunny 20's" with Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds and Sport Mods
    *We will also be having an Easter Egg Hunt @ 3:00 so bring the kids out for a fun and enjoyable Saturday night as we open the 2018 race season*

Check out all pictures from Atomic Speedway on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/luvracinBig...?ref=bookmarks

**Atomic Speedway Official Track Photographer**