Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Sad news about Billy Moyer

I hate to post this thread about Billy Moyer seeing how he is one of my top 3 most favorite driver ever but per Billy's Facebook he has said this is 99% sure this will be his last dream 100 seems like father time has caught up to another legend and pioneer of the sport

Sad news indeed, however, very relieved it was not devastating news...almost expected the worst with the headline.....
    "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."

"You rarely get positive results from people who do nothing but complain".

I wonder if I he will change his mind if he has a great weekend , or it could his new adventure is taking more of his time

That's great news...less whining about track conditions, formats that make him pass people (gasp!), etc.

Technically he's "semi retired" already. So this isn't really shocking. Honestly at this time last year. I thought it would've been his last anyway.

He had a good run.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    That's great news...less whining about track conditions, formats that make him pass people (gasp!), etc.
    Yet he still enters passing point races.

He complains about formats and track conditions just as much as everybody else. And it goes virtually unnoticed.

Your talking about 80% of the drivers nowadays

Horrible headline.

He's one of the best in the sport ever and hate to see him go

Talk about whining GEAR_HEAD are you a real race fan? Seems like you're the 1st one to badmouth Billy Moyer whenever you can-that's real whining!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Draggin View Post
    Talk about whining GEAR_HEAD are you a real race fan? Seems like you're the 1st one to badmouth Billy Moyer whenever you can-that's real whining!
    Moyer whines constantly so I'm not a real race fan? There's some great logic there, as if his whining is my fault.

Moyer whines constantly? You must have a serious hard-on for another driver! You couldn't back that statement up,so try to say something positive for a change.

Moyer whines constantly so I'm not a real race fan? There's some great logic there, as if his whining is my fault.
    These guys put food on the table racing these cars. They have all the right in the world to be upset about poor track conditions and poor formats.

The headline made me nervous. Glad it isn't health related. First Donnie Moran and now Billy Moyer. The legends I grew up cheering for are one by one stepping away from the game. Sad times indeed.

Sorry guys about the way I stayed the thread but to me it is sad news I grew up watching him and many of the other great racers that made this sport what it is today

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Draggin View Post
    Moyer whines constantly? You must have a serious hard-on for another driver! You couldn't back that statement up,so try to say something positive for a change.
    I can back it up, just watch one of his many whining interviews on DoD. He whines about pill draws and whines about tracks being too fast. Just stating facts. I like 95% of the drivers out there, but the whiners like Moyer and Clanton that want everything handed to them and don't give a crap about the fans that spend their hard earned money to see passing will not be missed. His son is a chip off the old block too with his statements about how us fans should pay his racing bills since it's such an honor to watch him race. Again, these are facts, not opinions.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 06-09-2016 at 01:51 AM.

And now you're WHINING about his son,too? You might as well name the rest of the whiners,too,since Moyer and Clanton hardly make up the other 5% of the drivers out there? You can't back up anything! I really like the one you mentioned where he complains about tracks being too fast. 800+ wins and he's afraid of speed? Really? Good Lord GearHead it's time for you to change gears-I recommend a quick change for you ASAP!

Everything has a life cycle, even racing careers. I can remember when Billy sr was the silver spoon brat that got supported by his dad, just like Bobby Pierce today. It's funny how things change and still stay the same. There was haters and fans back then also.

I can back it up, just watch one of his many whining interviews on DoD. He whines about pill draws and whines about tracks being too fast. Just stating facts. I like 95% of the drivers out there, but the whiners like Moyer and Clanton that want everything handed to them and don't give a crap about the fans that spend their hard earned money to see passing will not be missed. His son is a chip off the old block too with his statements about how us fans should pay his racing bills since it's such an honor to watch him race. Again, these are facts, not opinions.
    Who are your favorite drivers??? I bet they whine too, hell, all of them do from time to time!!!

Well Saturday should be real emotional for Billy... Hope he makes the show and does well

Bloomer is also considered a whiner too. So the two best in the sport are both whiners... hmmm.

It's pretty clear that GearHead is the whiner not Moyer. I think he's also a bit jealous