Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dual Rate Springs

Has anyone tried the Hypercoil Dual Rate UHT springs, any feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by TLCT1 View Post
    Has anyone tried the Hypercoil Dual Rate UHT springs, any feedback?
    I have not. Just realize that you have no control over the load at which the rate changes. It may be perfect for your setup, it may not be. If your spring load is 500# and mine is 600#, our rates will change at different amounts of suspension travel.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Explain please, ya lost me

Those springs are designed to switch rate at a certain load from free height. After you scale a Rocket that spring may have 500# on it. On a Longhorn, it may be 600#. The load where the rate switches is fixed. Let's assume it is 800# and the initial rate is 200#.

The spring on the Rocket will switch rates after 1.5" of travel. The spring on the Longhorn will switch after 1".
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

First heard of em. Appreciate info, I'll have to dig into little deeper and learn

I share the same concern as MasterSbilt_Racer. I did see an odd looking spring the other day on a car, anybody have a picture of one of these UHT springs?

Quote Originally Posted by zeroracing View Post
    I share the same concern as MasterSbilt_Racer. I did see an odd looking spring the other day on a car, anybody have a picture of one of these UHT springs?
    more info here: http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?358200-springs

Last edited by billetbirdcage; 06-09-2016 at 03:44 PM.

I prefer the dual stage spring set-up where you can determine where the secondary spring rate comes in. John 1 *
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
    — Heraclitus

there a great option if ya cant run stacked, i'm back to running the stack setup mostly because of the adjustability, do have one for the rr just aint tried it yet.

afco has made one for years,5th coil is where they started to use them 1st

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    afco has made one for years,5th coil is where they started to use them 1st
    Yes, but that is really just a progressive spring where this is a dual rate. Meaning it's fairly linear in 2 different rates over a distance with a set transition zone in between the 2 rates. The PR1, 2, 3 springs that afco made for the torque arms is/was basically a progressive spring and many have been made since and in several versions.

Not knowing 100% on this with out a spring checker I would bet as the spring sits at ride height it is a soft compression for corner entry and as the bottom coils start touching the spring gets stiffer for corner exit and with today's shock package your able to get a better corner exit. basically the same as a 2 step set up on the right front that Carrera used back in the 90's and now with better knowledge of how it works they were able to put it to uses in a progressive rate spring on the right front. But I am pretty sure this is going to take some practice to find the right combination also there will probably will be other spring and set up change to make it work correctly. My fear would be it would not be very consistent when in a pack.

I feel these will likely be a disposable/wear item, as the closer coils coil bind, the spring will likely bend. It may work well but will require monitoring to stay consistent over time. They may get better as they get older.... or worse. SOme one put one in and report back! If you run one on a Rocket, keep an eye on interference with upper a frame at max travel!
    Last edited by CCHIEF; 06-28-2016 at 08:28 PM.

We use these on LR...
    When it seems all eyes are on you when you're wearing a new pair of jeans you wonder why everyone thinks you look so darn good in them. When taking them off you notice the sticker still on the pant leg.

http://www.rtach.com/pics/the_thing.jpg

Since the cat is out of the bag, maybe??? Anyone seen this pic before? And speaking with the engineers at Hyperco they are designed to live at coil bind indefinitely.

that probably worked well with that illegal device beside it..lol....

They work, we won't run without them as well as some other parts somewhat like what's pictured.
    When it seems all eyes are on you when you're wearing a new pair of jeans you wonder why everyone thinks you look so darn good in them. When taking them off you notice the sticker still on the pant leg.

Well now it wasn't illegal when the picture was taken. LOL!!!

Pretty sure that is two different springs in that picture.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Black camouflage spray paint on one half was the rumor I was told???? But it looks like one I've seen personally at ride height on LR. Just an observation...

My opinion from what I've seen on LR:

200/425 Stop/go, heavy, high LR bite situations
    175/350 momentum, slick, low bite situations.

Still testing.....