Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jinxed Lifted....Illinois Driver Conquers the Big E

Will this be the year for a Land of Lincoln driver to win a big race at Eldora?. Hard to believe no Illinois driver has won a World 100 or the Dream ever. Yes, Shannon Babb won the World 100 in 2005 but came in light at the scales. Dennis Erb Jr. had good runs at the Dream placing 3rd in 2015...2nd in 2013 and a top 5 in 2012.

Little Bobby made his mark at the World as a runner up last year and a 4th in 2014.......Who will be the Illini driver to break the jinx and win a big one at Eldora? Thinking Brandon Sheppard or Bobby Pierce breaks this in creditable streak of no wins.
    Last edited by MUD MAESTRO; 06-10-2016 at 09:25 PM.

Weaver had a 2nd in the World in the 90's.

Although I would love it. I dont see it happening, Bloomer brings home the check

Sheppard's been stout! so far.... . .

Shep could take it tomorrow

Sheppard did the same thing at the World last year, then missed the race... So no jinx has been lifted at all yet

2 wind you kose thats Eldora

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    2 wind you kose thats Eldora
    What does this even mean?

I'm sober but can decifer drunk text........ "2 wins, you lose, that's Eldora"

texting by phone does not always work

Quote Originally Posted by TMaCiLLiNi39 View Post
    Sheppard did the same thing at the World last year, then missed the race... So no jinx has been lifted at all yet
    Your right, when he starts on the front he does good. But, put him back a few rows and he seems lost. Won two prelims and was on the trailer for Saturday. It seems like it all depends on where he starts.

Quote Originally Posted by mud duck View Post
    Your right, when he starts on the front he does good. But, put him back a few rows and he seems lost. Won two prelims and was on the trailer for Saturday. It seems like it all depends on where he starts.
    They just don't qualify very good sometimes and that puts him behind the eight ball quite a bit but, he usually passes a lot of cars in the A-main. I think you can say this for a lot of drivers. That's why a lot of them complain about some of the format's they have to run under. The level of competetion has gotten better over the years and it's harder to get to the front when you start off towrds the back.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    They just don't qualify very good sometimes and that puts him behind the eight ball quite a bit but, he usually passes a lot of cars in the A-main. I think you can say this for a lot of drivers. That's why a lot of them complain about some of the format's they have to run under. The level of competetion has gotten better over the years and it's harder to get to the front when you start off towrds the back.
    Your exactly right. These days pretty much everyone is fast. Its not just one or two cars you know are going to Be fast. Its the whole field you have to worry about being faster then.

"texting by phone does not always work"

Text with Pabst is even worse...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

This year is probably the best chance for a Illinois driver to take the win. There are a lot of them running well. B Shep, Bobby P, Erb, Frank H, Shirley and never count out Babb. I think that adds up to 1-5 odds for a 30 car race. I kinda look for Bobby to have a good run, with out the Ah Chit moment.

I'd love to see it but still think it's Scott/JD race to lose...

Ricky Thorton jr might have something to say about that

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    Ricky Thorton jr might have something to say about that
    Maybe, the Illinois fans could white out the AZ in Peoria AZ and put a IL at the end, if he does well. He has been impressive so far, this week. One Peoria is as good as the next. LOL

yeah which Peoria would you to like to be at in January lol
    Last edited by old fan; 06-11-2016 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    This year is probably the best chance for a Illinois driver to take the win. There are a lot of them running well. B Shep, Bobby P, Erb, Frank H, Shirley and never count out Babb. I think that adds up to 1-5 odds for a 30 car race. I kinda look for Bobby to have a good run, with out the Ah Chit moment.
    Time for Shirley to show that good qualifying and heats can parlay into a top 5 in the Dream.

He has the equipment and the sponsorship, now he has to show his worth in the 100 lapper.