Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default No doubt, unfortunately, Eldora is a dust bowl

Ain't nobody gonna change my mind. Serious dust problem at the Big E. I said it after last years World, and I'm right. Don't believe me. Watch last 2 years video, then watch 10 years ago video. It's terrible now. Vision for the fans is pathetic. Even drivers commenting on vision problems. I don't know what's happened, and I'm no track prep professor, but Tony, Roger and Larry better address this pronto!
    Last edited by dirt crow; 06-12-2016 at 08:11 PM.

As hot as it was yesterday at the track (easy mid 90's+) and the amount of laps they put on the track what did you expect. And the even re-worked the track before hot laps & b-mains.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Not just yesterday. It's been a growing problem. I'm a 25 year Eldora veteran. Past video proves I'm right my friend.
    Last edited by dirt crow; 06-12-2016 at 08:16 PM.

Yes its always been a dust bowl it was worse when they ran the events during the day

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    Yes its always been a dust bowl it was worse when they ran the events during the day
    My complaint is last 2-3 years

I agree the last few races it has been awful dust one thing I dot understand is why they start so early they just run 6 heats an 2 consi and the big race don't they start at 6 if they would wait till Lloyd the sun got off the track it would hold the moisture better.they need to control dust.

The place races better when it's dirty and slows down. I've never been only watched video and jmo

why all of sudden hot laos they never did that when Earl was around that was part of the majic on Saturday night

The racing is fine so who cares? If you don't like dust there are asphalt tracks. There's something for everybody out there.

Do you really think those Prima Donna's that sit in the"Tower of Power"give a god dam(n) about the fans? Those of us that have to go straight home with filthy clothes,blow dirt out our noses for hours, will try to improve that if we keep going? I'm fairly sure the crowd was down some-I know the car count was,and the fans are pretty loyal to their drivers.Tony should be aware of this by now.He's done a great job upgrading/improving certain areas but it's time to walk around and look at the situation a little closer.Maybe I'm just getting too old to enjoy it anymore,it's just my opinion,of course.If you like that type condition,that's fine! Just don't send me your bill to treat your sinus infection-that would be on Tony's tab.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Ain't nobody gonna change my mind. Serious dust problem at the Big E. I said it after last years World, and I'm right. Don't believe me. Watch last 2 years video, then watch 10 years ago video. It's terrible now. Vision for the fans is pathetic. Even drivers commenting on vision problems. I don't know what's happened, and I'm no track prep professor, but Tony, Roger and Larry better address this pronto!
    It's a dirt track and the racing was outstanding, maybe you should switch to asphalt so you don't get dirty.

GEAR_Head and ptown: Now is that any way to talk to fellow racefans?

It only gets dusty because they rework it and loosen up all that dirt, the b's weren't that dusty, but when they rework it it gets dusty.

Talon75 I noticed that too.That might have made a big difference!

Gotta love it when some say it's a dirt track but, doesn't mean it has to be dusty all the time. fairbury puts on great racing and it's not usually dusty.

I have to agree with whoever said there's asphalt tracks for those that don't like dusty dirt tracks.

I had a friend he and his wife did not like dirt tracks because, of the dust and how dirty a lot of bathrooms are at some dirt tracks but, loved asphalt racing.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    The racing is fine so who cares? If you don't like dust there are asphalt tracks. There's something for everybody out there.
    amen to that maybe drag boat racing is more their style

No dirt bikes at the Springfield mile.

It is a growing problem. Been going to both races since 08. Where we sit never hardly use to get any dirt on us. The other night could barely see the cars. The feature was good but the rest all sucked. Reworking the track is not roughing up the track in one spot in both corners and spraying a little water in that area only, far cry from reworking track.

its a dirt track it happens

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Gotta love it when some say it's a dirt track but, doesn't mean it has to be dusty all the time. fairbury puts on great racing and it's not usually dusty. I have to agree with whoever said there's asphalt tracks for those that don't like dusty dirt tracks. I had a friend he and his wife did not like dirt tracks because, of the dust and how dirty a lot of bathrooms are at some dirt tracks but, loved asphalt racing.
    I would rather see a bad dirt track race then a good if there is one asphalt race