Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I was at the 1994 dream and had rubber down my underwear took a shower that night and the water turned black just saying

Some of you are just idiots. I never once said the racing wasn't good. Just it's harder to see. Real hard. VIDEO PROVES IT!!! Not that way 4-5 years ago. And I don't get a drop of dust on me at Eldora. I'm under the shed, top row. Been locked in on those seats 15 plus years. And my vision of track wasn't terrible when I got those seats. Just past 2-3 years. I love Eldora. And I'll continue to go. But I'm right!!! It's a problem and it's getting worse. So save your don't like dust go to asphalt races sh!t ok. ...gees. Freaking idiots.
    Last edited by dirt crow; 06-12-2016 at 10:28 PM.

they need to quit hot lapping and if its unbearably hot start later both tracks I went to this weekend had no dust all

Drivers want dry slick cant get that by using water.. Fairbury Use lots of water.. Cause drivers may not like it but the fans love it cause it gives you Great racing...Tacky thats the way it use too be not no more....Drives think its too hard on cars ...

I will put it this way. My friends have been going for 20 plus years. Sat in corner #4 up against the wall (reserved). Sold their tickets for both the Dream and the World and will not be back. They have said why go when you can't see the track. There has been quite a few people saying this more and more, its no fluke. Yes there is asphalt to go to, but why can't some people voice their opinion to only have it heard? Instead of a few that have a difficult time understanding where were coming from. With a sarcastic answer. Would all of you like to see the race with a lot less dust? That's what I thought.

if you sit in a turn at a dirt track any dirt track you can't be to smart just saying been going for 60 yrs of racing I can count how many times and still have fingers leftI have sat in a the corner at a race track any race track

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    I would rather see a bad dirt track race then a good if there is one asphalt race
    Oh believe me there's been plenty of good asphalt races but, for me I would rather go to a good race then a bad race no matter if it's dirt or asphalt but, I would rather go to a asphalt race then go to a dirt race I can't even watch because of the dust.

I was looking at the pictures of the race and it looked like a DUST BOWL, I have friends who have said that they would never be back up there because of that. (Why pay for a race that you cannot see )

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    I was at the 1994 dream and had rubber down my underwear took a shower that night and the water turned black just saying
    Highly doubt it was rubber. Maybe you should go see a doctor.
    8/13/16

I thought the dust was bad too ....But its the same at alot of tracks .... I prefer to watch some tracks on dod pay per view ..... The two hour drive each way makes watching it on the pc better .... I can watch the race & go to work the next day .... Unless you like hard slick surfaces your going to have alot of dust ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

the dust is collateral from being at a dirt track.

The cars in just the last 2-3 years have become more aerodynamic which causes more air movement. Go back to the 90s body rules it would be the same as back then. Dont think its track prep. The only real change has been the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by westlingracing View Post
    The cars in just the last 2-3 years have become more aerodynamic which causes more air movement. Go back to the 90s body rules it would be the same as back then. Dont think its track prep. The only real change has been the cars.
    If this is truly the case, they gotta adjust track to today's aerodynamic late models. ....the truck race ain't a cloud of dust and it's racy. Track prep purposely done to have it black from top to bottom. Let's have that for the World. Best racing I've ever seen at Eldora was in early 90's when track was black and lap times slower.

they don't make them like they used to. I raced sprint car there in the 70's and it was always damp and tacky. Walking across track AFTER the races and my shoes would come off my feet going up to pay window. Was there one day it got dry and dusty and Baltes halted all the racing, he went out and plowed the whole track up real deep, water it all in real good, packed the track in and had great racing. If it is not wet heavy track, it is not dirt racing to me. old school. If you are going to race on top of a rubbered in track, you might as well go asphalt racing. boring.

As hot as it was and with that wind and hot laps it would be near impossible for it not to be dusty. It was difficult to see the cars at times but nothing that would make me say I'm not coming back. I have been to Portsmouth before and not be able to even look at the cars because your getting peppered with rocks and dust but that's just part of it

I've been at Eldora many a time it was blazing hot and was sweating like Michael Jackson outside a bouncy castle and there wasn't a drop of dust for 100 laps. It's track prep, period.

I was there all week,and the dust was very bad, racing was great,thats the best race Ive seen there in years. It was caused by reworking the track,I think the racing would have been good even if they haddnt reworked it because at the end of the conseys after the track had blown off and dust was about gone the finishes were racy. The direction of the wind has a lot to do with it also.
    We went to the motorhome after each night and showered, but woke up with dirt in the corner of our eyes and nose the next morning. I will be back although I would prefer less dust. Maybe a dust mask needs to be packed, Im not getting any younger and dont take it like I used to.
    Eldora 8
    Knoxville IA 3
    Lancaster county NC 1
    Cherokee NC 1
    Richmond KY 1
    Midway 1
    Lotsa streaming

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Ain't nobody gonna change my mind. Serious dust problem at the Big E. I said it after last years World, and I'm right. Don't believe me. Watch last 2 years video, then watch 10 years ago video. It's terrible now. Vision for the fans is pathetic. Even drivers commenting on vision problems. I don't know what's happened, and I'm no track prep professor, but Tony, Roger and Larry better address this pronto!
    Back in the 80s, I had to stand up and dump off the inch of dust in my lap after each heat race. Maybe it had some moisture in it, so technically not dust, but the vision issue was the same.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

And all you guys talking about the good racing, the feature was. The heats on Sat were terrible.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Back in the 80s, I had to stand up and dump off the inch of dust in my lap after each heat race. Maybe it had some moisture in it, so technically not dust, but the vision issue was the same.
    Just curious, was it an 80's day race before the lights was added? My first world was 89.