Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Davenport this season

I know he's leading Lucas points and is still one of the top drivers in the sport. But what is everyone's take on his performance this year? Have a lot of the guys stepped their game up, have rules changes slowed him down some, or is it just not possible to duplicate his season he had last year? It's still early in the year, but I thought he would have won this weekend for sure.

A combination of all three. He's still having a very good year but it is almost impossible to have another year like he did last year.

Agree w pennsboro23 combo of all three.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    A combination of all three. He's still having a very good year but it is almost impossible to have another year like he did last year.
    ^^^What he said.^^^

Its difficult to repeat that level of performance, even Bloomer and Moyer rarely had back to back years of domination. Which is why the "Knee Jerk" reaction of the sanctions was so Incredibly, Utterly, Exponentially STUPID!!! Can't stand Lucas or Mr WoO just for that simple reason, dumb as dirt and political as Obakarama.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    I know he's leading Lucas points and is still one of the top drivers in the sport. But what is everyone's take on his performance this year? Have a lot of the guys stepped their game up, have rules changes slowed him down some, or is it just not possible to duplicate his season he had last year? It's still early in the year, but I thought he would have won this weekend for sure.
    Throw out last year, and he would be very happy with his results so far. His car is definitely not as good as last year. Others have gotten better too. I was very interested in seeing the ways people found to catch up in 2016, or if they would. It wasn't allowed to play out where we got to see that.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 06-13-2016 at 03:15 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

He's had some bad luck,it happens,flat tires,brakes 2 or 3 races,lost one on the last lap I believe,think he had a tire go down after leading most of the race,another,lost the brakes after leading all the race,......Tazewell, I wasn't there,but Davenport,Owens,or Bloomquist was all together,anyone could have won that one,I was watching times on race monitor,I really thought Davenport was gonna win that one until he got into the wall..........and this past weekend,he probably burnt up his tires just trying to get back to the leaders after going to the pits

He just doesn't seem to have the late race car/setup that he had months ago. He can run like hell for a 10-25 lap race but as others get better late, he seems to fade.

i thought i seen he has 6 lucas oil victories this year. im the farthest thing from a davenport fan but i would guess anyone would be happy with those results so far. duplicating last year will be next to impossible. I have no idea what rule changes happened as i dont pay attention to rules since i dont race or have a car in the mix anymore

He's won 12-14 races....

Go look at last years results, he didn't start that crazy run until about the first of June. Not saying it's going to happen again, but who knows?

Remember heading into Wheatland last year before the rainout, there was talk of him dropping off the Lucas tour. How'd that end up?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Throw out last year, and he would be very happy with his results so far. His car is definitely not as good as last year. Others have gotten better too. I was very interested in seeing the ways people found to catch up in 2016, or if they would. It wasn't allowed to play out where we got to see that.
    Nope, the whaaaaaaaaaaaambulance was called in to quickly for that to play out........

He is a little off this year......only won 13 so far ( I think)
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I count 14 so far on DirtonDirt's master schedule. What a lousy year! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    I count 14 so far on DirtonDirt's master schedule. What a lousy year! LOL!
    Yeah I don't get all the concern over Davenport so far this season. He might not be off to the same start as last year... but nobody in 50 years of dirt racing ever had before last season and I doubt anyone will in the next 50 years. Even just based on results this season (not taking last years domination into account) he is right up there with Bloomquist, and Richards and a case can be made that any one of them has had the best season so far. To be a solid top 3 in the country... there isn't much better you can be to be honest.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Yeah I don't get all the concern over Davenport so far this season. He might not be off to the same start as last year... but nobody in 50 years of dirt racing ever had before last season and I doubt anyone will in the next 50 years. Even just based on results this season (not taking last years domination into account) he is right up there with Bloomquist, and Richards and a case can be made that any one of them has had the best season so far. To be a solid top 3 in the country... there isn't much better you can be to be honest.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Actually, the start to this season is better. It just isn't what he did in the second half of last season.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Actually, the start to this season is better. It just isn't what he did in the second half of last season.
    Maybe the start before Memorial Day weekend was better, last year he won the Show Me and the Dream and this year he has won neither (although he has been there at the end in both of them!). I know the Show Me took place later in the season last year but he won it none the less, and he can't win it this year. But I do get what your saying -- he wasn't dominant early last year, at least not to the level he was later in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Maybe the start before Memorial Day weekend was better, last year he won the Show Me and the Dream and this year he has won neither (although he has been there at the end in both of them!). I know the Show Me took place later in the season last year but he won it none the less, and he can't win it this year. But I do get what your saying -- he wasn't dominant early last year, at least not to the level he was later in the season.
    Yeah. The Wheatland prelims is where he earned his 3rd victory last year.

And whatever happened at lap 50 in the Dream quite likely kept him from winning.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Yeah. The Wheatland prelims is where he earned his 3rd victory last year.

And whatever happened at lap 50 in the Dream quite likely kept him from winning.
    I was setting there thinking he was in perfect position,just riding along waiting for the end,I believe he burnt the tires up trying to get back to the leaders,he really ran well last year on the dry tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    42 races 14 wins 22 top 5s 2 top 10s a 11th 16th 20th 23rd

I have nothing against JD, and he did great last year. He is also doing quite well this year. However, I am always happy to see different drivers get wins instead of the same two all the time. Just look at the celebration from the fans with someone like Erb winning a big race.

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy112 View Post
    42 races 14 wins 22 top 5s 2 top 10s a 11th 16th 20th 23rd
    I know his numbers look great, but you can see that he does not have the dominant speed he did last year. And 5 or 6 of those wins came in Arizona or in regional events driving Randy Weaver's car.

Maybe JD should hire Weaver to set up the car???? His winning % is higher in it than his own!