Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Drug testing in raceing

Ok could b a stupid question. But wouldn't b the first one here. Does lucas oil, Woo, or Ump test for drugs. Opps drop the Ump, all there money goes in Sam the scams pocket. If lucas , n Woo are so naive themselves thinking the are clean, that's Bull. I'd f n venture to say there'd b some positive test. Late Model racing is know different than any other corporation, Your gonna find some dirty ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Umpdirt1 View Post
    Ok could b a stupid question. But wouldn't b the first one here. Does lucas oil, Woo, or Ump test for drugs. Opps drop the Ump, all there money goes in Sam the scams pocket. If lucas , n Woo are so naive themselves thinking the are clean, that's Bull. I'd f n venture to say there'd b some positive test. Late Model racing is know different than any other corporation, Your gonna find some dirty ones.
    Why bother? Who cares if people would come up dirty... its a free country. I certainly don't think it is my DLM Tour of choice's responsibility to police the ignorant drug laws set forward by the idiots in Washington.

If they are showing signs of being under the influence of anything while on the track that is a different story, at that point they should either voluntarily sit our need to pass a test on the spot. If they do something stupid (like hitting cars under yellow, or running someone over) then they obviously should be tested and if they fail they should be suspended.

It isn't a problem. Never has been.

4 m should institute mandatory testing prior to becoming a member............
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by barbecueboy View Post
    4 m should institute mandatory testing prior to becoming a member............
    a------men

At least a grammar class. Sheesh. Had to copy and paste that one into the spell check

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Why bother? Who cares if people would come up dirty... its a free country. I certainly don't think it is my DLM Tour of choice's responsibility to police the ignorant drug laws set forward by the idiots in Washington.

If they are showing signs of being under the influence of anything while on the track that is a different story, at that point they should either voluntarily sit our need to pass a test on the spot. If they do something stupid (like hitting cars under yellow, or running someone over) then they obviously should be tested and if they fail they should be suspended.
    Basically WoO, Lucas UMP and IMCA just to name the big ones have no right to unless someone is under suspicion of doing so.

Anyone know how NASCAR handles this with pit crews? Seems as though at least once or twice a season someone is busted

So if I'm right. General motors has no right to. Nascar has no right to, mlb has no right to the nfl has no right ti. Gimme a f n break they own the series they have every right too. I guess the supreme Court has no right to make laws either.

Actually the United States Supreme Court does not have the constitutional power to make laws. Part of The Supreme Court's function is to determined whether or not a law is constitutional. They do not have the authority to write and pass laws. Congress is the only entity other than the EPA and some other bureaucracies that have legislative powers as allocated by the Constitution of the U.S. along with the state and local legislative bodies.

A sanction has the right to require drug testing of anyone and everyone involved with operations, management or participation.

It is surprising there isn't more drug testing done at the local levels but I suspect that economics play a large role in those requirements, or lack thereof. Many tracks and sanctions are barely keeping their head above water and drug testing is not inexpensive.

After the death of Kevin Ward Jr. I thought there would be a push towards drug testing at the local levels but so far it hasn't happened.

Here is NASCAR's drug testing policy as it appears on Jayski:

NASCAR Substance Abuse Policy
    Competitors are asked to take a drug test if there is "reasonable suspicion."
    Anyone who obtains any kind of NASCAR license must sign an "authorization for testing and release" waiver each season.
    NASCAR can ask for samples of urine, blood, saliva, hair or breath tests if "reasonable suspicion" of drug use has been established.
    A number of NASCAR officials are trained to take and seal samples for testing, and all are versed in detecting signs of impairment.
    NASCAR encourages "whistle blowing" among its competitors to help police its substance abuse policy.
    NASCAR reserves the right to suspend a competitor based on a conviction for driving a passenger vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or a drug-related conviction.
    Competitors and officials are prohibited from consuming alcohol prior to or during a race.
    If a person fails a drug test and wants to return to racing, he or she must submit to a series of spot testing. The person being tested must pay for the examinations.
    If an individual is reinstated, NASCAR reserves the right to randomly test that individual.
    NASCAR does not recommend specific rehabilitation programs but strongly encourages self-help and treatment for those afflicted with a drug problem or alcohol abuse.
    Last edited by CIRF; 06-14-2016 at 03:27 PM.

Maybe a drug testing policy for posters on 4m would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by davis2902 View Post
    If they did that you and I might be the only ones to test clean!! LOL!!

Yes u r right on the supreme court, but they have upheld every argument, for drug testing from lower courts. The argument that lucas oil or Woo has no right to is totally bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by davis2902 View Post
    No problem sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Umpdirt1 View Post
    So if I'm right. General motors has no right to. Nascar has no right to, mlb has no right to the nfl has no right ti. Gimme a f n break they own the series they have every right too. I guess the supreme Court has no right to make laws either.
    Oh I'm not saying it isn't their right necessarily, I'm just saying I don't want them to do it. As someone who buys their product (that being tickets to races) I would not be happy, and were my driver to test positive and be suspended I certainly would go out of my way to not support that series. All of the things you mentioned (GM, NASCAR, MLB, NFL, etc.) have one thing in common, they are all main stream (and they all suck). I couldn't give a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) less what any of them do, the reason everyone likes dirt racing is because it isn't NASCAR, It isn't corporate and it certainly isn't main stream.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

GM doesn't pull random drug tests on its employees. My dad retired after 30 yrs and the only one he had was when he hired in at age 18. They do test new hires once and some positions there may require one following an incident. I know guys who would on their lunch breaks go across the street to the corner party store, buy a 40 and drink it during lunch.
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 06-14-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Why do we need to know who's dirty and who isn't? That really isn't anyone's business. I could go to a local track here and point out 50 drivers in the pit area that smoke a joint after the races or during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Oh I'm not saying it isn't their right necessarily, I'm just saying I don't want them to do it. As someone who buys their product (that being tickets to races) I would not be happy, and were my driver to test positive and be suspended I certainly would go out of my way to not support that series. All of the things you mentioned (GM, NASCAR, MLB, NFL, etc.) have one thing in common, they are all main stream (and they all suck). I couldn't give a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) less what any of them do, the reason everyone likes dirt racing is because it isn't NASCAR, It isn't corporate and it certainly isn't main stream.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    It would be perfectly okay if a driver/your driver tested dirty and was racing under the influence? Hmmm.

It would be interesting to know how some of the other competitors would feel about racing side by side at a track such as Eldora with a driver who had tested dirty and was driving under the influence. I'm not a lawyer but common sense dictates that type of situation would expose some unsuspecting folks to some fairly serious liability, both in the pit area and on the racetrack. That would include track management/ownership and car owners, among some others that could get thrown into the mix by competent legal counsel on behalf of drivers and crew members injured or killed as a result of actions by someone who tested dirty at the time of the mishap.

That is certainly an interesting stance on the subject.

Racing cars as powerful and speeds as high as dirt late models reach is no place for drivers using any type of drugs. Period. No right to check? It is the series or tracks responsibility to check. If someone goes on the track impaired, high or smoked up and another competitor gets hurt you will see why the series or track will have problems. Operating a race car is no different than driving down the highway. ATVs, Boats or any motorized vehicle being operated on public or private land is not legal under the influence of any controlled drugs or alcohol. Beyond that who wants to race with someone that is making decisions under the influence of some kind of drug. This isn't a question of whether or not they can test because they can. I am afraid if they do there will be some guys sitting out.
    Last edited by onlyfacts; 06-14-2016 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    It would be perfectly okay if a driver/your driver tested dirty and was racing under the influence? Hmmm. It would be interesting to know how some of the other competitors would feel about racing side by side at a track such as Eldora with a driver who had tested dirty and was driving under the influence. I'm not a lawyer but common sense dictates that type of situation would expose some unsuspecting folks to some fairly serious liability, both in the pit area and on the racetrack. That would include track management/ownership and car owners, among some others that could get thrown into the mix by competent legal counsel on behalf of drivers and crew members injured or killed as a result of actions by someone who tested dirty at the time of the mishap.That is certainly an interesting stance on the subject.
    100% agree. Glad to see that someone on here has a clue about the law and liabilities.

I would think most if not all are using good judgment and common sense. A love for the sport fuels it and its not worth jepordizing.

Do drivers sometimes drive there own rigs therefore require expanded licenses that require a drug test?