Default Beadlocker & Dust Cover Question?

What kind of bead locker rims is typical. The other bead lockers on the outside or inside or booth? Is there any reason to run a bead lockers on the left side? Is there any performance gains by running the aluminum dust covers since it cost extra to get rims with tabs.

No performance gain but running the plastic or aluminum covers is very important if you race on a track with a heavy cushion. If you are just running the foam or nothing at all the chances of getting some of that cushion in your rr wheel is great. When that occurs it will shake your eyeballs loose and make it very hard on you driving the car.

Quote Originally Posted by strong08 View Post
    What kind of bead locker rims is typical. The other bead lockers on the outside or inside or booth? Is there any reason to run a bead lockers on the left side? Is there any performance gains by running the aluminum dust covers since it cost extra to get rims with tabs.
    Outside beadlocks on right side of car. Some people run inside beadlocks on lr.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

You will often see outside beadlocks on the left side. But there isn't any on-track purpose in doing this. The advantage is that it is MUCH easier to mount and dismount tires on beadlock wheels. Some people thing it's worth spending the extra money for that time/work savings. But beadlock wheels are also quite a bit heavier and that is rotating and unsprung weight that you are adding. Never a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    You will often see outside beadlocks on the left side. But there isn't any on-track purpose in doing this. The advantage is that it is MUCH easier to mount and dismount tires on beadlock wheels. Some people thing it's worth spending the extra money for that time/work savings. But beadlock wheels are also quite a bit heavier and that is rotating and unsprung weight that you are adding. Never a good thing.
    I know some people also think that the beadlock on the outside on the left side gives you a little extra protection during contact with other cars. Especially on the left rear where the pressure is low it's pretty easy to push the tire off the bead when another car gets into the tire. I personally don't do it but it is a consideration. John 1*
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
    — Heraclitus

I will say this about running an outer beadlock on the left rear. About a month ago I told my son we should run a beadlock on the lr just in case you get turned the wrong way. A week later some contact and turned the wrong way rolls lr off wheel. Two barrel rolls and $4500 later and we are back racing. Just some food for thought.