Default What does Kyle Larson do on his off weekend??

He goes to Attica Speedway and wins night 1 of the All Star Circuit of Champions Ohio Speedweek!

1. 57-Kyle Larson[4] ; 2. 5-Byron Reed[2] ; 3. 10H-Chad Kemenah[3] ; 4. 91-Cale Thomas[6] ; 5. 22-Cole Duncan[11] ; 6. 16-Stuart Brubaker[5] ; 7. 1-Dale Blaney[16] ; 8. 33M-Caleb Griffith[13] ; 9. 81-Lee Jacobs[7] ; 10. 21-Cap Henry[12] ; 11. 97-Dean Jacobs[9] ; 12. 40-Caleb Helms[1] ; 13. 3J-Trey Jacobs[22] ; 14. 71-Jamie Veal[19] ; 15. 5T-Travis Philo[14] ; 16. 11K-Kraig Kinser[25] ; 17. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild[23] ; 18. 8M-TJ Michael[24] ; 19. 60-Kory Crabtree[20] ; 20. 4-Kasey Kahne[17] ; 21. 70-Danny Holtgraver[10] ; 22. 9Z-Duane Zablocki[15] ; 23. 73-Chris Andrews[21] ; 24. 8-Bryan Sebetto[18] ; 25. 49-Tim Shaffer[8] ; 26. 57X-Andrew Palker[26]

And he finishes second last night at Waynesfield Raceway Park.

Kyle Larson is probably be the most proficiently versatile racer since A.J. Foyt and Mario Andretti.

At the tender age of 23 he's won in crown jewel events driving several different classes of go-carts, crown jewel events driving midgets at every level, crown jewel events driving winged sprints at every level (360 & 410), crown jewel events driving wingless sprints (360 & 410), crown jewel events driving USAC Silver Crown cars, he's won NASCAR truck and Xfinity races and a world class event at the top level of sports car racing.

Only the two aforementioned guys can boast a resume' more impressive than that.

I consider myself very fortunate to have witnessed a few of Larson's crown jewel wins on dirt. We, as dirt racing fans, should all hope that Larson is afforded the option by his NASCAR owner/owners to continue to participate and win dirt events as time goes on. He is a talent that comes along very seldom, less than once every generation.

Don't forget Ken Shraeder(sp) was always fun watching him run several classes at the Copper Classic at PIR, and WIN.

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    Don't forget Ken Shraeder(sp) was always fun watching him run several classes at the Copper Classic at PIR, and WIN.
    No question about it, Schrader is/was extremely versatile. Kenny didn't win some of the bigger crown jewel events but you always knew he was there, always running up towards the front.

Schrader really adds some flavor to the mortified support class races these days. He was at Terre Haute in a mortified for the Hulman Classic last month and the next night he ran second at the Indiana State Fair Mile driving a mod in support of the Hoosier Hundred. Kenny seems to really enjoy racing the mortified's and his name recognition puts a little star power into the division.

Well it was NASCAR drivers stinking up Wayne County last night!
    Rico Abreu wins followed by Kyle Larson.
    Larson leads the All Star Ohio Speedweeks points with one win, two seconds, and a third place finish.
    Would be great to see him win the title but his NASCAR commitment will nix that idea....

Kyle Larson wins again in Ohio Sprint Speedweek competition. The kid is definitely on his game when it comes to dirt track racing. Wish he'd come over to the dirt tracks over in Indiana and Illinois so we could be get to see him race once in a while.

Larson is a special talent. Hope nothing ever happens that would keep him from racing on the dirt in the foreseeable future.

CHILLICOTHE, Ohio — Kyle Larson earned his second Ohio Sprint Speedweek presented by Cometic Gasket victory during round six on Wednesday evening at Atomic Speedway.
    Larson used traffic to his advantage to garner the win, taking command over race leader Sheldon Haudenschild on lap 21. From there, the Elk Grove, Calif., native led the last 10 circuits to score the $5,000 top prize. It was a fourth career Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions victory for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series star, his first at Atomic Speedway.
    Larson is the first repeat winner of the 34th edition of Ohio Sprint Speedweek presented by Cometic Gasket.
    “My crew has been working their tails off all week,” said Larson. “Paul Silva actually found some things wrong with our car and fixed them overnight. It really made a world of difference. I can’t thank him enough for allowing me to come out here and have some fun this week. It’s pretty cool to come out here and be competitive against a field like this.”
    Larson started third on the feature grid, maintaining third in the running order at the completion of lap one. After surviving a four-lap battle with Tim Shaffer for the third spot, Larson moved on and started his chase toward the front.
    By lap 14, Larson worked around Cole Duncan for second, utilizing the high side of turns one and turn and the low side of turns three and four. Heavy traffic started to come into play for race leader Sheldon Haudenschild by lap 18, allowing Larson to close a near two second gap. Larson made his winning move on lap 21, driving under the Wooster, Ohio, native near the apron of turn three. Despite heavy pressure by Cole Duncan, Sheldon Haudenschild held on to finish second, followed by Duncan, Tim Shaffer and Randy Hannagan.
    “I honestly didn’t think I’d be up here as a winner tonight,” explained Larson. “I can’t thank you fans enough for coming out tonight. That race was a lot of fun. We were really fast all night long and the track really gets good when it widens out and slicks off like that. I was able to get by Sheldon there in traffic. The track was starting to take a little bit of rubber. I was able to find it before Sheldon (Haudenschild). Happy to be back here in victory lane. Already excited to return.”
    The finish:
    Kyle Larson, Sheldon Haudenschild, Cole Duncan, Tim Shaffer, Randy Hannagan, Cale Thomas, Cap Henry, Jamie Veal, Bryan Clauson, Rico Abreu, Kraig Kinser, Travis Philo, Chad Kemenah, Danny Dietrich, T.J. Michael, Dale Blaney, Jimmy Stinson, Bryan Nuckles, Carson Macedo, Brandon Wimmer, Kory Crabtree, Andrew Palker, Danny Smith, Lee Jacobs, Danny Holtgraver, Paul May, Caleb Helms.

Sheldon and Larson put on quite the show at Waynesfield. Sheldon ending up getting the better of it, but mainly due to the luck of the traffic, being in the right line at the right time...
    FFwd to Wednesday and in another battle of the 2, Larson would be the one to gain the upperhand. Both tremendous races, be sure and check them out on the allstars youtube channel.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

Thanks for the recap RR67.

Wish we could lived closer so we could have seen the action in person!!

he is sutch a good kid he raced outlaw karts with my nephews for years whin thay were kids he is a great young man

Great day in the morning! He certainly has been setting the world on fire the last few weekends !

Entered in WoO show this Wed.
    8/13/16

I wish he would enter the Indy 500. He has the right owner. I knew if he ever got competitive cars in Nascar, he would be the man to beat. I wasn't sure it would happen with Chip, but it looks good at this point.

As I stated in an earlier post in this thread, Larson is the most proficiently diverse driver since A.J. & Mario. No one in my recollection has won in more completely different cars on so many completely different types of racetracks. He is solidly in his prime as we speak and it's a pleasure to watch him so successfully ply his trade all over the racing spectrum.

It will never be proven but it's a safe bet that Larson could, and would, become a mega legend even driving dirt late models and mortified's given sufficient focus.

It's also a safe bet that he could win multiple Indy 500's if allowed to concentrate his efforts in that endeavor. Problem is he'll never be in position to do that but it certainly would be fun to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Kyle Larson is probably be the most proficiently versatile racer since A.J. Foyt and Mario Andretti.

At the tender age of 23 he's won in crown jewel events driving several different classes of go-carts, crown jewel events driving midgets at every level, crown jewel events driving winged sprints at every level (360 & 410), crown jewel events driving wingless sprints (360 & 410), crown jewel events driving USAC Silver Crown cars, he's won NASCAR truck and Xfinity races and a world class event at the top level of sports car racing.

Only the two aforementioned guys can boast a resume' more impressive than that.

I consider myself very fortunate to have witnessed a few of Larson's crown jewel wins on dirt. We, as dirt racing fans, should all hope that Larson is afforded the option by his NASCAR owner/owners to continue to participate and win dirt events as time goes on. He is a talent that comes along very seldom, less than once every generation.
    I would like to see him run the greatest race of all them all the Indianapolis 500

It's a cool story......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I would like to see him run the greatest race of all them all the Indianapolis 500
    I really don't doubt at all that Larson will race in the Indy 500. As his stock and stature continues to grow he'll be more in control of his prefered choices and destiny. All that comes with being increasingly successful. My only lamentation is that Larson will likely never be in position to focus solely on The Indy 500. Even as good as he is it may not be in the cards to actually win it given his required commitment and focus on the NASCAR side of things. I might well be wrong and I hope I am. I believe the same situation was prevalent with Stewart after he started his Cup career. Indy was somewhat of a peripheral endeavor for Stewart but given total focus he'd probably have won the 500 at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    It's a cool story......
    It really is BBQ. We've been lucky enough to have spent a little time over the years with Larson and his family at various racetracks. One of the most compelling aspects of who he is and who they are is that even with the success of Larson they are basically an ordinary middle class family that happened to be able to cash in on talent and commitment. There was no big money available to promote his career, he done it on talent and drive.