Default Florence / Lucus oil Race

I have a question about the Big 50k race @ Florence ..... Last year I recall good racing all weekend with top N bottom racing ..... Just when I think ok this is going to be a great A main .....They shut the track down for an hour & re-work the track ? As I remember each time I see this done it turns the track into one grove racing ..... So my question is WHO makes the call to re/work the track ?
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

I would guess who ever the track prep person and it promoter. But from what I see most times they rework the track it makes it better. Just depends on the situation.

I don't know what you are talking about, Florence does this all the time and I can't remember the last bad race at Florence. The North/South has been one of the best races of the year for several years in a row.

Default Florence

Quote Originally Posted by lb_sa View Post
    I don't know what you are talking about, Florence does this all the time and I can't remember the last bad race at Florence. The North/South has been one of the best races of the year for several years in a row.
    ....... Im just curious if Lucus oil has them re-do the track ? Ive been there the last 3 yrs also & thought the heat races were great .... I guess thats my point .... If the heat races are good ....why re-work the track ..... I heard an interview with Bloomer one time about working on the track before the A main .....He said they shouldnt work on the run-line ....just water top n bottom ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

It's because that place tends to lock down on the bottom after a while. It's not as much of an issue now with the heats and feature on seperate nights, but with 3 nights of racing this year they have their work cut out for them keeping water in the track that long.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    It's because that place tends to lock down on the bottom after a while. It's not as much of an issue now with the heats and feature on seperate nights, but with 3 nights of racing this year they have their work cut out for them keeping water in the track that long.
    I haven't seen this place lock down since the 2013 n/s. Even before that I only remember doing it once or twice before.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I haven't seen this place lock down since the 2013 n/s. Even before that I only remember doing it once or twice before.
    There was a period between 2006 and 2013 where it locked down in the feature or had a last lap pass for the win every other year. The race was either really good or really bad for the last 50 laps. But that was back in the black ice days, the track is much better now.

been going since 08 and the one O'Neil moved Owens out for the win was the only locked down race i have seen there. Place is worth the money to see a race. I think it was 12. Getting old so my memory is fading.
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"