Thread: Tight In Center

Default Tight In Center

I have a metric pure stock. The rules are really tight. I have to run the same size DOT tires. I run 235/70R15. I can not get More than .75" stagger. I have a locked rear end with drum brakes on the back. I have to run the same offset wheels all the way around except RF. I have 3" wheels and a 2" on RF. No wheel spacers. I can only run spring spacers on the font but the RF and LF have to be the same size. They check. The car is 3200# with me in it. All stock front end with LF 2* camber and caster RF with 5* camber and 4* caster.

I have a LF 700# spring, Bilstein stock mount shock 4040
    RF 800# bil 5555
    LR 250# bil AK1044R
    RR 175# bil 5030R

I also have another 5555 front, 3060F and a 6010R.
    I have about 50* rear and 52 * left and 270# bite.
    I am a bit driver and the back of the car is not gutted much and i have 75# of lead on the rollcage above the rr frame rail.

Then car lay over on the right side around the corner. The entry the car turns in well with nothing more than a little brake. The center it get tight and i have to burp the throttle and some time hit the brakes. The exit is either tight or loose depending on how I get thru the middle.

What should i do?
    Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by bartx7001 View Post
    I have a metric pure stock. The rules are really tight. I have to run the same size DOT tires. I run 235/70R15. I can not get More than .75" stagger. I have a locked rear end with drum brakes on the back. I have to run the same offset wheels all the way around except RF. I have 3" wheels and a 2" on RF. No wheel spacers. I can only run spring spacers on the font but the RF and LF have to be the same size. They check. The car is 3200# with me in it. All stock front end with LF 2* camber and caster RF with 5* camber and 4* caster.

RF 800# bil 5555
    LR 250# bil AK1044R
    RR 175# bil 5030R

I am a bit driver and the back of the car is not gutted much and i have 75# of lead on the rollcage above the rr frame rail.

Then car lay over on the right side around the corner. The entry the car turns in well with nothing more than a little brake. The center it get tight and i have to burp the throttle and some time hit the brakes. The exit is either tight or loose depending on how I get thru the middle.

What should i do?
    Thanks for the help.
    Try moving rear weight over to left side. You could also swap rear springs.

Default tight

Quote Originally Posted by bartx7001 View Post

RF 800# bil 5555
    LR 250# bil AK1044R
    RR 175# bil 5030R

What should i do?
    Thanks for the help.
    right front spring is letting right front dive , go 900 rf ,800 lf & 200 rr my 2 cents

Can you run spring rubbers?
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

700 and 800 lbs springs are very soft for a 3200lb car. Eric

200-225 rr spring

Ok had a few mechanical problems last few weeks. Put on a 4/8 qa1 shock on the RF this week and it was a lot better. Not allowed spring rubbers. Will try your suggestions on rr spring then fronts and get back.