Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher88 View Post
    Just posted on GRT's Facebook page that they are almost finished with a new car for Tony Jackson Jr. Late model.
    That is a shock. But maybe this is what they need to get back to a national level.... look how long it took Moyer to get a car good enough to get big names buy them
    Last edited by dirtdobber45; 07-07-2016 at 10:36 PM.

It will be ran 5 times if it doesn't win it will be like all the other cars and head on down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    That is a shock. But maybe this is what they need to get back to a national level.... look how long it took Moyer to get a car good enough to get big names buy them
    Not long, maybe a few months. I don't think the car was even available to buy till this season, developed last year.

According to the artcle on DOD, Tony Jackson, Jr. will debut his new goat next week. Said the Longhorn by Weaver was a nice car and he won with it, but wasn't comfortable with it. Supposedly the GRT he's getting is a collaboration between he and JG. Might be interesting, slated to run a MARS race July 15 show and then the Diamond nationals with it.
    Last edited by Aces&Eights; 07-11-2016 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
    According to the artcle on DOD, Thomas Jackson, Jr. will debut his new goat next week. Said the Longhorn by Weaver was a nice car and he won with it, but wasn't comfortable with it. Supposedly the GRT he's getting is a collaboration between he and JG. Might be interesting, slated to run a MARS race July 15 show and then the Diamond nationals with it.
    That's what they all say..."I'm not comfortable in it".

By this time next year... Jackson won't be in a GRT.

Thomas Jackson Jr.?

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Thomas Jackson Jr.?
    Yeah, that's Tony's cousin. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
    Yeah, that's Tony's cousin. LOL
    And this time next year, he won't be in one either...........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

same old story, if grt wanted to hire big time drivers and spend a fortune they would win again consistently, and everyone would have to have one, if I remember right the longhorn was a turd for years, theres years the rockets where bad to, same as warrior, still believe if theres 12 rockets, 6 longhorns , bloomquists and mbh cars and one warrior and it finishes in the top 5 or wins that's what I want.

Seems like after Bill Frye left the house car program things kinda starting falling off for GRT not too long after. He was also the man that put them on the map. JMO!

Quote Originally Posted by Flathead View Post
    Seems like after Bill Frye left the house car program things kinda starting falling off for GRT not too long after. He was also the man that put them on the map. JMO!
    I dunno, Wendell and Dale McDowell carried it a bit further after Frye and until Wendell left GRT to drive for Durrett around 07' they were still a National player. Once Wendell departed is when I'd say the tide turned, jack Sullivan is good, but maybe not Frye, Wallace or McDowell good and now even he left. So maybe JG just doesn't want to make the effort to be National player anymore, kinda weird.

It's seemed like to me they have more of a focus on their mods than they do the lates. They probably are booked way back on mods to build. Those things are everywhere, and they're fast.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    It's seemed like to me they have more of a focus on their mods than they do the lates. They probably are booked way back on mods to build. Those things are everywhere, and they're fast.
    Mods are in a lot of places, but I'm not ready to call them, "Fast". They've got similar issues with, "rule creep" and far less economical than when first conceived. I love DLM's, but they are less and less viable to a weekly blue collar guy who wants to race. Anybody know where I could get the original rules for mods, this topic has me thinking?

I think Zyoung was meaning the GRT mods are fast, they are very good modifiers and win a ton of races.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    they have more of a focus on their mods....Those things are everywhere.

^This

A smart business model is one that makes money. Not one that appeases individuals on a message board looking for something to argue about.

There are more modifieds racing than there are late models. At I guess what you would call my local track they get right around 20 late models per night. There are two classes of mods and when the two classes are combined there is anywhere from 45-60 there every night. This means there are a lot more mod customers than there would be LM customers.

That's what I was getting at gjohnston. Joe isn't a dummy. If the mods are getting him a ton of business, I wouldn't sink a bunch of money into the development of a late model frame either if the mods are flying out the door.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by gjohnston View Post
    ^This

A smart business model is one that makes money. Not one that appeases individuals on a message board looking for something to argue about.

There are more modifieds racing than there are late models. At I guess what you would call my local track they get right around 20 late models per night. There are two classes of mods and when the two classes are combined there is anywhere from 45-60 there every night. This means there are a lot more mod customers than there would be LM customers.
    Never asked for a mod census, don't care about a mod business plan or your opinion on who has more customers, so what. In case you made a wrong turn, this is the, "Dirt Late Model" section and I think you are the one looking to argue.
    Last edited by Aces&Eights; 07-13-2016 at 08:50 AM.