Default Nitrogen or Bleeders for tires

What is the better? I am leaning toward nitrogen just because I already have the tank, regulator, etc.

I've never used bleeders, but a couple of guys do and like them. Maybe check your air pressure gain on nitrogen and go from there. JMO
    Last edited by oldtrackchamp4x; 06-20-2016 at 10:14 PM.

Bill, bleeders will commonly stick and over bleed a tire down below where its set to so you have to be careful with them and make sure they are cleaned and lubed constantly. Least with the older ones, I'm sure they are probably better then they were years ago but how much I can't say.

2nd issue is on long cautions or red flags, you may end up restarting with really low pressure if the tire bleed a lot of air out of it from being really hot. While they have plus's they also have negatives, personally I'd use nitrogen anyways even if you using the bleeders also, this will minimize the pressure loss and maintain more constant pressure after a long caution or red flag just because they will bleed less air out due to the less expansion from the nitrogen from heat. Could be the difference in restarting with 8# of air verse 10# when you have it set to 12# of bleed.

Thanks Billet. Going with nitrogen.
    Last edited by LateModel B23; 06-22-2016 at 06:32 PM.

Maybe post what the problems are with the car and go from there. JMO