Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

justadddirt with that clamp to the tube it dnt try to bind any thing when its up on jbar pulling rearend to left or trying to rap up i had some isuse before doing that but if u say it will work sure it will u allways bad fast ALL THE TIME

My rear end does not move a lot on pinion rotation, so I have the clamp connected to rearend with the chain mount rotated slightly forward. This location was determined by the amount of pinion rotation I have, and setting the mount straight up to the chassis mount.
    I use an Allstar bolt together double sheer mount, and I have a vertical slug welded on chassis, and a 1/2 bolt welded to chassis end of the chain that goes up threw slug so I can set the amount of preload on RR chain. Also I have the chain set at the same angle as the RR coilover.
    never had any binding issues to speak of.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

thanks justadddirt i no wat i got to do i ran lightning 4 about 15 years my driver had to go out of town 4 a couple years i sold out i bought this car only had 5 or 6 races on it got a deal i got to call don this fall got to have a car thats wat i got to do thanks for the help JAD

no problem anytime

just add dirt the birdcage on rr of that car is 10 inches wide having trouble getting that chain on the right angle got any ideas on that JAD SURE APPDECIACE THE HELP MAN

Default clamp

Quote Originally Posted by racingjf9 View Post
    just add dirt the birdcage on rr of that car is 10 inches wide having trouble getting that chain on the right angle got any ideas on that JAD SURE APPDECIACE THE HELP MAN
    can you use the inside clamp ring of birdcage and weld the chain mount to? Or, take off the current ring and put the bolt together ring on and use it for the inner holding ring?
    what about moving birdcage out a bit on axle tube? make your RR bars toe in toward chassis mount at ride height. When cars is up on bars and rear end pulls to left then the bars will be straight.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    Chain it down on rr. Start with about 1/2" of ride height being tight.
    Tighten to 0 as track slicks off.
    Should tighten considerably middle-off
    I'm having the same problem so are you saying chain it so that the chain is 1/2" from tight at ride height? And I was also thinking of chaining it at the back of the birdcage where a rear shock would mount. Any opinions and help would be great. Thanks

He's referring to 1/2" of slack. Meaning, if you jack up the RR, the body/frame only raises 1/2" before the tire does.

Mounting the chain to the back of the birdcage, where the shock mounts, removes the slack when the birdcage indexes. I think it's a bad idea. Too uncontrollable and immeasurable.
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

Default Chain

Quote Originally Posted by Confused? View Post
    He's referring to 1/2" of slack. Meaning, if you jack up the RR, the body/frame only raises 1/2" before the tire does.

Mounting the chain to the back of the birdcage, where the shock mounts, removes the slack when the birdcage indexes. I think it's a bad idea. Too uncontrollable and immeasurable.
    Agree, do not use a chain on back of birdcage. Use the axle tube to chassis to mount.

listen to him thanks JUST ADD DIRT