Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default getting up on rr bars

need some help got shaw car setup is lf7006.4 rf6004.7 lr1757.2 rr2004.4 per rear 56.4 ls 55.5 cross 49.6 car is really slow getting up on bars @wants to get up on rr bars bad as soon as u pick up gas comes up off rr springs down straights thanks for any help

sorry ls is 54.7 not 55.5

What are the bar angles? Sounds like you have too much RU bar angle and not enough LU bar angle. Do you have limiting chains on both sides?
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

lr bar angle 46 at full drop rr bar angle 19 at ride height chain on lr none on rr

Chain it down on rr. Start with about 1/2" of ride height being tight.
    Tighten to 0 as track slicks off.
    Should tighten considerably middle-off
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Chain the RR like what was said above.

i have done that before ok can i just weld a tab on top of birdcage theirs not really a good place on that car to put a roller clamp like on lr

I gather this is not an IMCA car. I wouldn't mount it to the birdcage. It can create binding by not allowing the cage to move freely

no its outlaw we run any tire soft med spiolers wat ever we want i think when the cage is rotation its rolled over off the chain aint it

When it's rolled over, yes, depending on how much slack there is. If the chain isn't centered when that side is lifting, it can pull against or into the spring. The bars are trying to push the chassis up so the chain will try to pull against it. Just pay close attention to where the mount would be under acceleration

if i put it on top of cage at ride height would that be ok when it gets on chain its not going to rotate on more is it thanks 4 the info

The farther away from the axle tube, the more the age rotates. The degrees will be the same, but the distance is greater. If you are going to mount it to the birdcage, try to get it as close to the tube as you can

if i weld a tab right on top of cage with car setting at ride height will that work ok when it gets on chain the cage will not rotate anymore anyway will it

I would lower the RRU one hole. What length bars C-T-C are you running?

Also Check the RR shock. It may be dead/bad. We had a pro shock that gave up one night on a fast hammer down track and it started climbing the rr and hopping as well.

Also that chain deal on the RR is ok on smooth tracks if it gets rough hold onto your fillings.

have drop bars 2 holes still dose the same just gets looser getting in top bars 16.1/8 bottoms 16.1/8 had shocks dyno 2 weeks ago @ again today

sorry bottoms r 14.1/8

If you are still at 19 on the upper you could stand to lose a coupe more degrees. What is the rr lower at?

And what is the LRU upper/lower at? Just because its 46 at drop doesn't mean you have the correct starting angle. you may just have more drop than others to get to that but you are saying the car doesn't hike so that number is some what of a moot point.
    Last edited by powerslide; 06-21-2016 at 08:58 PM.

that 19 is when it is in the hole that shaw says to put it i never check it when i drop it was at track 3 or4 diff times just trying to see wat it do rr bottom level lr up bar 22 lr bottom 6 i have try so much running out of things to try

I run a standard bolt together clamp ring, with 2 ears on it for a double shear for the chain to bolt up.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

clamp right to the tube no bearing type like the lr it dnt bind nothing up