Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dqed from dream

Default Dqed from dream

Five Disqualified Following the Dirt Late Model Dream at Eldora Speedway for Illegal Tire Samples! - STLRacing.com - http://www.stlracing.com/2016/06/20/...-tire-samples/

Rediculouis

http://www.dirtcarump.com/2016/06/20...dora-speedway/

Five Disqualified Following the Dirt Late Model Dream at Eldora Speedway
    CONCORD, N.C. – June 20, 2016 – DIRTcar Racing officials have disqualified five competitors following failed post-race inspections at the Dirt Late Model Dream at Eldora Speedway.

Tire samples collected from the #B5 driven by Brandon Sheppard, #22 driven by Gregg Satterlee, #20 driven by Jimmy Owens, #33X driven by Ricky Thornton and #0 driven by Scott Bloomquist and tested by an independent laboratory did not meet established benchmarks in a chemical analysis.

A total of 32 samples were taken throughout the weekend, June 9, 10 and 11, from participants.

All five competitors were found to be in violation of rule 15.11-G and were fined in accordance with rule 11.1.

Rule 15.11-G.) Chemical alterations, vulcanizing, tire softening, defacing and/or altering the face of the tire lettering and/or tire stamping will not be permitted. Chemicals or tire softening is not permitted at any time. Tires may be inspected at any time. Any violation with any tire presented for competition may result in immediate disqualification from the events and/or other penalties including but not limited to; loss of money, fine, loss of points and/or suspension.

All five have been disqualified from the event, including the loss of all purse money and championship points earned during the event, fined $1,000 and penalized 1,000 DIRTcar Late Model points for the 2016 season. The total penalty, including loss of money, fine and the cost of the tire analysis was $19,630 for Sheppard, $4,655 for Satterlee, $7,630 for Owens, $10,930 for Thornton and $6,105 for Bloomquist.

Each has been placed under a three-month suspension from all DIRTcar sanctioned events, which includes World of Outlaws Craftsman® Late Model Series competition, beginning June 11, 2016 and concluding Sept. 11, 2016 and will be under probation following the conclusion of the suspension for the remainder of the 2016 season.

For more information on DIRTcar Racing and all DIRTcar UMP-sanctioned divisions, visit DIRTcar.com. For more information on Eldora Speedway, visit EldoraSpeedway.com.

Wow...that shocks me. Stiff penalties, those 5 drivers won't be running the World 100. My first reaction is will these guys hold a grudge against WoO and Eldora when they are off of suspension. Will it hinder the car count at Eldora shows or will smaller teams feel like they get a fair shake there and more of them show up? Questions, questions, questions.
    Last edited by Pennsboro23; 06-20-2016 at 09:25 PM.

Big names........
    To bad people that know it all can't do it all!

3 of the 5 are Lucas regulars.....

yep. Rickie who?
    8/13/16

O my goodness

So bloomer couldn't make the show with doped tires. lmao

Wow!! I've heard people swear about most of the big guns are messing with tires to some degree! Glad they were caught. I wish they would've tested everyone there. My first Dream weekend was tainted!

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    3 of the 5 are Lucas regulars.....
    They all run tons of WoO and UMP shows.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

how many of them will claim they picked up the juice from the track aka someone else's tires ..... seems to be the status quo here lately....

Quote Originally Posted by george w View Post
    how many of them will claim they picked up the juice from the track aka someone else's tires ..... seems to be the status quo here lately....
    I predict four Simple Green denials and one guy to just admit he juiced and move on.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I predict four Simple Green denials and one guy to just admit he juiced and move on.
    Since it was WoO/UMP doing the testing I bet it will just be marked down as a big conspiracy theory. You know that WoO/UMP is always out to get the little guys like Bloomquist and Owens.

If they are willing to enforce the rules against the high level guys, I think it is a good thing. Might help bring back some of the regional type guys over time as they would feel they are on a more even playing field. Too bad it takes some big names away from the WoO/UMP and World 100 but a severe punishment is warranted.

Kind of surprised guys at this level would cheat on a big show like the Dream where you know tech is going to be ramped up.

Quote Originally Posted by racingfool32 View Post
    So bloomer couldn't make the show with doped tires. lmao

He used it all up and didnt have any left for tires.

This is just ridiculous.

Takes them out of Summernationals (Jville was advertising B Shepp being there tomorrow on their Facebook page) as well as PDC (all but Thornton raced there last year as I recall). Aside from the year he crashed in hot laps at World 100, this would have to go down as Bloomer's worst trip to Eldora ever (or maybe tied with the Dream last year).

Well, without details that rule is vague. It also includes defacing the lettering. Which could mean grinding off the compound if I am not mistaken.

Wow why would they do this knowing they would get caught? And it didn't even help Bloomer. I hope we get to hear their side to the story.