Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Dqed from dream

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    After reading some various articles on the interweb it seems there are various levels of testing that can be done based on how much money they want to spend on the test.
    This info was obtained by a driver who gave an interview who was accused of doctoring his tires by use of a "sniffer" and by the sounds of it he used Blue Ridge Labs out of North Carolina to send his own samples for testing and the driver said he paid for the more expensive test as it was more conclusive than the lower cost test. His independent test came back 100% clean.
    He stated in the interview that he found a sheriffs deputy at the track and obtained an evidence bag from him and the deputy witnessed him removing a large chunk of the tire and sealed the bag in front of him so everything was done correctly.
    I have a feeling this latest deal from WRG/WoO/UMP is going to open up a legal firestorm with some of the teams involved that have the means to take the series to task.
    As it should be.........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Something fishy about these dqs.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Something fishy about these dqs.
    I don't think so..here's why. Sam Driggers is one of the biggest puzzies that I know. He doesn't have the nut sack to play with lab results. I think that the Lucas guys had less to lose and believed the undetectable bs sold by the makers of the chemicals. Anyone who is close to racing know that racers cheat tires! Why is that so difficult for others to understand. They will do ANYTHING to win.

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    After reading some various articles on the interweb it seems there are various levels of testing that can be done based on how much money they want to spend on the test.
    This info was obtained by a driver who gave an interview who was accused of doctoring his tires by use of a "sniffer" and by the sounds of it he used Blue Ridge Labs out of North Carolina to send his own samples for testing and the driver said he paid for the more expensive test as it was more conclusive than the lower cost test. His independent test came back 100% clean.
    He stated in the interview that he found a sheriffs deputy at the track and obtained an evidence bag from him and the deputy witnessed him removing a large chunk of the tire and sealed the bag in front of him so everything was done correctly.
    I have a feeling this latest deal from WRG/WoO/UMP is going to open up a legal firestorm with some of the teams involved that have the means to take the series to task.
    Some said Bloomer would get paid for the 2015 dream also, but all we are hearing a year later is more swine sewage out of his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    As it should be.........
    Lawsuits cost lots of money. Don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard rock candy View Post
    Lawsuits cost lots of money. Don't see it happening.
    Some people have a lot of money............both series better get their house in order as it pertains to tires, enforcement and how it's all handled.

Call the wrong guy wrong when he isn't and Eventually somebody is going to come after them.

Who in the heck said bloomer was getting paid for being light last year.........

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Who in the heck said bloomer was getting paid for being light last year.........

A member on 4m posted it that he was geting paid.

The illegal chemical found in the tire samples is also found in italian dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    A member on 4m posted it that he was geting paid.
    Really??? I missed that .......

Kind of sounds strange to say " bloomquist dq from the dream 2 years in a row, don't it?
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 06-22-2016 at 05:59 PM.

It's my understanding that when Lucas takes samples It's almost like a crime scene. Samples are taken while wearing sterile gloves to avoid contamination. 2 samples are taken with car owner or driver present. Samples are then put in sample bottles which are then sealed. Then the seal is signed by both parties and one sample is given to owner or driver and lucas takes the other. The seal isn't broken until the lab technician opens the seal for testing. Then the technician test a portion of the sample. What remains of the sample is returned to the sample container and resealed by the technician. All this to avoid any tampering with samples.

I've been told by people that where at the Dream that Dirt didn't handle things in the same fashion. Some guy got the sample no gloves or anything and just threw samples into a baggie and walked away. Also heard teams asked for their sample and were told you don't get one.

On another note was told that Lucas takes some kind of number off of the tire that the sample came from serial number maybe??? I Don't think Dirt did that either but I could be wrong. If this is correct Lucas seems to do it the right way. That would go long way to make next to impossibe for them to tamper with samples. I could see Dirt having a hard time convicing somebody that the samples tampered with switched ect...

I have know Idea if any of this info is factual I guess that's a disclaimer lol

Want a good laugh........Google blue ridge labs tire testing.......interesting debate on 4 m pops up from 2011.

Along with some very interesting material.

When you read it, just ask yourself......what year are we in now, what is the hot topic of the day, and how much further we have advanced in the tire testing methods and enforcement.

Then ask yourself , how much further the rest of the sport has advanced since 2011............with one glaring exception.

Yep , all is well...........nothing to see here.......no changes needed whatsoever..........pfffffffffffffft.

Blue Ridge labs is just a few miles from where I live might do some asking around bet I will know someone that works there.

It looks like Hoosier would have their own lab so any and all series could send samples to them. It aint like they dont have the money to do that lol

That would seem like a good solution. Surely they have chemist and a lab developing different tire products. Who would know their product better than the company that made it. They could also determine if a substance is found if it really enhanced the performance of the tire vs. some guy washed his tire with Dawn dish soap so now he's SATAN! lol

Just having a forgien substance on your tire doesn't mean you cheated, which seems to be the standard some feel is cheating. But who knows.... If somebody know this mysterious benchmark or threshold is feel free to chime in....
    Last edited by Hovlane; 06-22-2016 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hovlane View Post
    That would seem like a good solution. Surely they have chemist and a lab developing different tire products. Who would know their product better than the company that made it. They could also determine if a substance is found if it really enhanced the performance of the tire vs. some guy washed his tire with Dawn dish soap so now he's SATAN! lol

Just having a forgien substance on your tire doesn't mean you cheated, which seems to be the standard some feel is cheating. But who knows.... If somebody know this mysterious benchmark or threshold is feel free to chime in....
    I highly doubt anyone is getting disqualified over dawn dish soap or simple green. Why would the drivers admit to it and risk losing fans...... or worse, SPONSORS? They will all say they are innocent to the public until they are 6 feet under. I can't say I blame them, there could be alot of money at stake, hundreds of thousands of dollars! How much money do you think Reece has tied up in Bloomquist? Maybe the enforcers are crooked, or maybe the party's accused are just simply....guilty!?!?!?!?!? What would UMP have to gain by DQing these guys? What would these guys have to gain by treating the tires? IMO, one party has a longer list of reasons to not play by the rules than the other does.

I am not pointing fingers or bashing anyone(my disclaimer lol) just asking a few of questions; on the Hell Tour their running LM20s on all but the RR. 1-Isnt that a 'soft tire'? 2-Are they(ump) testing the RF? (to me it takes a beating for 40-50 laps) 3-Who or how many gets tested at each race? Thanx for any info

Looks to me like they are used by many different series, not just DLM racing. Are all the different sanctioning bodies also being accused of being crooked? Or is it just a hardon for UMP since someones favorite driver got busted...... AGAIN

You would trust Hoosier? Really? For years and years they would soak tires for their special guys or even make tires with a different compound stamped with the correct compound. Never trust Hoosier...
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    It looks like Hoosier would have their own lab so any and all series could send samples to them. It aint like they dont have the money to do that lol