Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stupid Question: Why is tire doping illegal?

What's the purpose of it?

I can see Hoosier's point. I just have a problem with having a rule on something that can't be checked at the track. Kind of sucks for a fan if they go to a race and then a few weeks later the results are changed.

yes it does same goes when they do heavy teching after the event not so much for lates though but mods they can

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    I can see Hoosier's point. I just have a problem with having a rule on something that can't be checked at the track. Kind of sucks for a fan if they go to a race and then a few weeks later the results are changed.
    You saw the same entertainment either way. Kinda like watching a play and the actor's check bounced on Friday.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    What's the purpose of it?
    The idea is to keep people from using dangerous substances, save racers time on tire preperation, and level the playing field in that aspect of the sport.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Breathing in huge amounts of that stuff will do some serious damage to a person's health.

Tire prep rule, in my opinion, hurts the little guy. First, not all tire preps are softeners. Many are conditioners that bring the tire up to temp faster, and allows the tire temps to plateau and level off, many times adding life to the tire by better controlling temps. Fact of the matter is fans see a better show, competitors (especially the budget guys) have increased tire life, and the correct preps may allow some of the smaller budget teams to bring some of their tires back to life, versus needing 6 new tires to run a touring show and be somewhat competitive. Generally speaking, preps are fairly low cost, especially if it gives your tires an extra night or two of life.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    Breathing in huge amounts of that stuff will do some serious damage to a person's health.
    Exactly I wonder how much is sent in the air from dust and what affects will it cause

Who cares about tire juice being harmful? Cause gasoline, race fuel, carb cleaner, brake cleaner, brake fluid, hot smoldering rubber etc. isn't harmful? I'm not defending juicing the tires, but I think everything I just listed is known to the state of California to cause cancer. Lol

California is a cancer and you can take that to the bank

What this does is make it more expensive to run these races. The little guy who runs tires a couple and washes them in between nights will get caught up in this if he uses Simple Green or some of the other cleaners popular with racers.
    I agree, that the intentional act of juicing tires should be against the rules, however there should be leeway for tires to be washed and used again.

water sounds pretty good its a known fact that simple green softens tire it has for years

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    California is a cancer and you can take that to the bank
    LOL Make you hope the movie thing happens for real and it falls off in to the Sea....
    How do you send back 1 million people that dont belong here..Earth Q...

Quote Originally Posted by redfred View Post
    What this does is make it more expensive to run these races. The little guy who runs tires a couple and washes them in between nights will get caught up in this if he uses Simple Green or some of the other cleaners popular with racers.
    I agree, that the intentional act of juicing tires should be against the rules, however there should be leeway for tires to be washed and used again.
    Excellent point.........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The thing is... the majority of the tracks these guys run on, especially when taking on rubber, the LAST thing you want is a softer tire. It would never last. I don't think their intent is softening.

At the kart track by me guys show up with 3 complete sets of soaked tires wrapped in cellophane. One for practice, one for heats, and one for features. The low budget guys have to wash their tires and redope them between races. They do this all right out in front of everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by heinen81 View Post
    Tire prep rule, in my opinion, hurts the little guy. First, not all tire preps are softeners. Many are conditioners that bring the tire up to temp faster, and allows the tire temps to plateau and level off, many times adding life to the tire by better controlling temps. Fact of the matter is fans see a better show, competitors (especially the budget guys) have increased tire life, and the correct preps may allow some of the smaller budget teams to bring some of their tires back to life, versus needing 6 new tires to run a touring show and be somewhat competitive. Generally speaking, preps are fairly low cost, especially if it gives your tires an extra night or two of life.
    I suppose you'd be right if you were not ignoring the fact that it is expensive! Not to mention the health effects of it.

So I guess spinning doped up tires throwing rubber dust in the air is much worse than non treated tires spinning and throwing up the completely safe tire company only compounds up in the air for fans to breathe?

Makes perfect sense.......no wonder those tire fires always just burn my eyes a little.....they are completely safe, right.

I mean , we are doing this under the guise of safety, yes?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????