Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

what are the chances of a track taking rubber from someone with altered tires then as others pass through spinning and grinding the tainted rubber into their own?

Is it impossible? Has anyone ever done any Testing on it?( meaning the series or tire companies)

The tire rule is almost unenforceable as it's currently written and being tested for............gonna take someone falsely accused to get into someone's pocket before the system changes and the series take tire cheating as seriously as they are posturing like.

Maybe all 5 of those rascals cheated to high heaven..........maybe they didn't.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

i was thinking the same thing. If i am running a tire and it gets hot an picks up whatever from the track... am i a cheater? I ain't saying they did, i ain't saying they didn't. But the only fair way to test them is BEFORE they hit the track. Just a thought...

There was a thread about how dusty the track was at The Dream. Knowing that these tire prep solutions are carcinogenic, would you want your kids breathing this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    There was a thread about how dusty the track was at The Dream. Knowing that these tire prep solutions are carcinogenic, would you want your kids breathing this stuff?
    excellent point. never thought about that. this should be in bold ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    what are the chances of a track taking rubber from someone with altered tires then as others pass through spinning and grinding the tainted rubber into their own?

Is it impossible? Has anyone ever done any Testing on it?( meaning the series or tire companies)

The tire rule is almost unenforceable as it's currently written and being tested for............gonna take someone falsely accused to get into someone's pocket before the system changes and the series take tire cheating as seriously as they are posturing like.

Maybe all 5 of those rascals cheated to high heaven..........maybe they didn't.
    I was thinking the same thing BBQ and that scenario of a hot tire picking up chemicals left by another tire at least to me is very possible.

You're inhaling way more carcinogens from people smoking cigs around you, than from doped tires.

but you can control tire doping but not the other

A lot of tracks say it is due to epa regulations but I don't buy that either.

I think it is pressure from tire company & sponsorship money. Tire company knows tires can be conditioned & last for several races. None conditioned tire life is short therefore they sell more tires.

If it was EPA there wouldn't be a kart track open anywhere.

I am sure that bridgestone doesn't give the kart guys any sponsorship money would they

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    but you can control tire doping but not the other
    And you can control the cig. Too..........they are called no smoking zones.

Just because others are completely owned by them doesn't mean I want to be.

And fwiw..........undoped rubber in the air vs doped rubber in the air ......seriously guys, that's the argument here?

Anybody ever looked at the breakdown of a standard tire and what's already in the rubber.........
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 06-22-2016 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toyracer View Post
    A lot of tracks say it is due to epa regulations but I don't buy that either.

I think it is pressure from tire company & sponsorship money. Tire company knows tires can be conditioned & last for several races. None conditioned tire life is short therefore they sell more tires.

If it was EPA there wouldn't be a kart track open anywhere.
    Did you say tire companies???

Reminds me of the state of televisions these days........used to be you could perform maintenance and actually repair them to last longer.......now they are mostly designed to be throw always so you have to buy another one.

Quote Originally Posted by redfred View Post
    What this does is make it more expensive to run these races. The little guy who runs tires a couple and washes them in between nights will get caught up in this if he uses Simple Green or some of the other cleaners popular with racers.
    I agree, that the intentional act of juicing tires should be against the rules, however there should be leeway for tires to be washed and used again.
    Wash tires without simple green cleaners, they leech the oils out of the tires anyway. So you may soften the surface, but kills the tires life cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    At the kart track by me guys show up with 3 complete sets of soaked tires wrapped in cellophane. One for practice, one for heats, and one for features. The low budget guys have to wash their tires and redope them between races. They do this all right out in front of everybody.
    I know some indoor deals have done away with tire prep. I never was big on it myself, just more expense on top of everything else. I did use it from time to time though, and it did seem to help. Certain ones would eat up the tires quicker than others, especially the homemade stuff, again cost was main reason I never was a fan of it.