Thread: The end of VCS

Default The end of VCS

Vermilion County speedway ceased operations. Sad to here. Great track, great area. Always said get rid of there fair board, they make it impossible to run that place.All of em a bunch of money grubbing crooks. Hope your God almighty fair keeps you happy. There is and has been so much politics with that track. Could be a big asset to a broken down chicago gang ridden town.

More than that

Default not fair board

Quote Originally Posted by Umpdirt1 View Post
    Vermilion County speedway ceased operations. Sad to here. Great track, great area. Always said get rid of there fair board, they make it impossible to run that place.All of em a bunch of money grubbing crooks. Hope your God almighty fair keeps you happy. There is and has been so much politics with that track. Could be a big asset to a broken down chicago gang ridden town.
    in years past, the board has caused problems-----but not this board----the problem is that Danville is a crap town with few well paying jobs and just won't support the track----you can't make money when there's only 200 people in the stands. too bad-----it has always been one of the raciest tracks around-----Danville is just a dying town

Default Changing promoters hurt I think

Quote Originally Posted by wino32 View Post
    in years past, the board has caused problems-----but not this board----the problem is that Danville is a crap town with few well paying jobs and just won't support the track----you can't make money when there's only 200 people in the stands. too bad-----it has always been one of the raciest tracks around-----Danville is just a dying town
    The prior promoters seemed to be growing the place back with their summer nationals race even finding its way into the the top five races on Dirt on Dirt. I think it was very unfortunate they were not able to work out a deal to keep it going. Dont know any of the inside workings of went on there.

Was only three short years ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk55...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by cdustyr1; 06-22-2016 at 08:54 PM.

Well from my sources, the fair board contributes nothing to this track, other than send me a check every month. What have they had like 5 promoters since Phil got out of it. What's the common denominator? The fair board.!!! All the promoters can't all of em not know what they are doing. So many f n stories, fair board says the state owns the thing. TheN say oh someone else owns the pit area. Just one thing after another.No real answers just political bs. Clendenon and his group were doing it right,trying to build it back up and guess what, Fairboard wants more money. So I guess the state can have it, there f n broke too.

I'm from Danville and moved to Indiana 22 years ago, best thing I ever did. I grew up on the eastside of town and back then you could leave your doors unlocked and there was many well paying manufacturing jobs. Now all the good jobs are gone and the eastside is nothing but a bunch of Chicago Section 8 porch monkeys that like to shoot each other over a dime rock. I say give 'em all guns and let them do their self's in. It would save all the honest working taxpaying citizens a boatload of welfare money.............

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder View Post
    I'm from Danville and moved to Indiana 22 years ago, best thing I ever did. I grew up on the eastside of town and back then you could leave your doors unlocked and there was many well paying manufacturing jobs. Now all the good jobs are gone and the eastside is nothing but a bunch of Chicago Section 8 porch monkeys that like to shoot each other over a dime rock. I say give 'em all guns and let them do their self's in. It would save all the honest working taxpaying citizens a boatload of welfare money.............
    As rude as it might be to say. HA ha ha. Those 3rd & 4th lines caught my attention very quick. LOL.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

It was bad in Rantoul after the Base closed... The mayor put ad in paper in Chicago cheap housing and man what a mess it was... Kids that were in gangs Chicago were now running gangs.. Cops put a slam on that fast... Rantoul come back from it Danville Has not.....Use to be 1 of my Best tracks too go to.. Loved it when they run Sundays the best....

That's it right there it is a Sunday track!!!! I'm not a big sprint fan but when they ran sprints the people came. After last year the way things were out there lucky I came back the one time I did this year. Tryed twice but they ticked me off at the gate and I went elsewhere. I don't personally know Darrel but saw what happened at charleston a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    That's it right there it is a Sunday track!!!! I'm not a big sprint fan but when they ran sprints the people came. After last year the way things were out there lucky I came back the one time I did this year. Tryed twice but they ticked me off at the gate and I went elsewhere. I don't personally know Darrel but saw what happened at charleston a few years back.
    If someone with now how run it on Sunday IT WOULD WORK...Lots of people that live in Champaign go to FarmerCity would all so go to Danville if it ran on Sunday...Run it like KKK this is what happens...Lots of people from Ind. would all so come.. 1/2 the cars in the P lot had Ind. plates on them.....

Cool Sad story

We lived 15 minutes from VCS bout 15 years ago. Sargent had it for a bit as well as Phil. Great race track, enjoyed going there. Sad to hear this story.

Go18!!