Talking Race Track With The Best Facilities ?

From what I've heard from folks that attended the Daytona 500 back in February the newly renovated Daytona International Speedway is about as nice as it gets in reference to the facility itself. Too bad the same can't be said for the racing on the track. We've been to DIS many times but not since it's been refurbished.

As far as speedway's that we've actually attended I would say it's a 4-way tie among Chicagoland, Texas, Las Vegas and California. Amenities at all those four are very very nice, and very very expensive. Indy is probably the least expensive in regards to concessions with Michigan coming in a close second on that score.

As far as the nicest dirt track is concerned it has to go to Perris Auto Speedway in Perris, California. Perris is about 40 miles Southeast of Los Angeles and the California pricing is to be found on everything you buy right down to paying to park. It's been a couple of years since we've been to Perris so I'm not sure what they charge for parking but it isn't pocket change, that's for sure. The concessions are outrageously expensive, as one would expect them to be just 40 some miles outside of L.A. However, the track and facility is second to none.

A close second to Perris is the Magic Mile on the Du Quoin State Fairgrounds in Southern Illinois. The track and setting are as nice as it gets in reference to eye appeal.

The coolest place to watch a race at any track of any kind is Ventura Raceway on the Ventura County Fairgrounds in Ventura, California. The pit area is almost right on the beach of the Pacific Ocean. In my younger days I could have been able to throw a baseball into the Pacific from the top of the turn 1 grandstands. Not the nicest dirt track we've ever been to but the coolest place to watch a race.

OK , That was a Good Answer . It will need verification but I personally will take your word for it. Thanks ,CIRF Dog.

The new complex in new york will be real nice when done its taking the place of Syracuse http://www.centralnyracewaypark.com/#!video/c253 THE VIDEO IS AT BREWERTOWNSPEEDWAY www.centralnyracewaypark.
    Last edited by old fan; 06-23-2016 at 07:54 PM.