Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is Carrier done for the season?

I see his schedule has been cleared.

I think they re just picking and choosing where they go from here. Been spending time with family I see

maybe he's tired of racing against cheaters

Maybe he's tired of having top notch equipment and can't win a weekly show

onedirt posted an article explaining things if your interested check it out....

His Website now also has an update on the situation. Looks like his owner, Carl Grover, is shutting down the team.

Big shock to me.....never seen Grover getting out of it. At least Eddie will still be driving some though.

Hate it for Eddie.

That stinks for Eddie. Good luck to him. Would be cool to see him get the Hudkins ride that Benedum is in.
    Last edited by Pennsboro23; 06-24-2016 at 09:35 AM.

Good luck to Eddie one of the good guys

I seen him win the Hillbilly in WV in 2007, Glad that he won! It just goes to show how expensive it is to run a series
    Or to just pick and choose races!

Reece is hooking up with Carrier. He said he is tired of spending money on a cheater.

On DOD it said Eddie & wife would still be working at Engines, Inc., which I assume is Grover Racing Engines. Also as expected Eddie had nothing but kind words for Grover & their racing experiences together. Always a class act!

Hate to hear this..always have liked the guy. His N/S win a couple years ago was a good thing to see

Quote Originally Posted by dirt junkie View Post
    Hate to hear this..always have liked the guy. His N/S win a couple years ago was a good thing to see
    I'll never forget that one.

Eddie is quite the role model even if he never raced a late model. Bummed that I'll probably never see him up my way again.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I'll never forget that one.

Eddie is quite the role model even if he never raced a late model. Bummed that I'll probably never see him up my way again.
    I was actually at that one and will never forget it. Kept waiting for something to happen because was so used to seeing Owens O'Neal or Bloomer win that danm race. Definitely made the 12 hour trip worth it seeing Carrier and became a huge fan because of it. Hope to see him back soon

It wouldn't bother me if Reece picked up Carrier, But I hope he doesn't start cheating like the 2 guys that got caught recently and before that and before that........!

yes that would be cool

Eddie Carrier Jr. is one of nicest drivers I've met and always seems to have a good attitude. I was also at the North-South when he won and will never forget the huge victory celebration in front of the flagstand. If I remember correctly his Dad was inducted into the HoF that afternoon, and he was even asked what it would mean if "little Eddie" won, and you could tell by his answer they didn't really expect to win, and then Little Eddie pulled it off.

However, that being said, with the top-notch equipment and as many races and series he's competed in over SEVERAL years, it seems like there should have been much better results (and wins). He really hasn't had that much success on the regional level either. Even the North-South race was a Bloomquist-Owens battle for the entire race, then Bloomquist tangled with Marlar and Owens flatted on lap 98 while leading. Not saying ECJ didn't earn it, but he wasn't really a factor until the last few laps.

In other words, you just get the feeling that if there had been more wins, Grover wouldn't be going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan View Post
    Eddie Carrier Jr. is one of nicest drivers I've met and always seems to have a good attitude. I was also at the North-South when he won and will never forget the huge victory celebration in front of the flagstand. If I remember correctly his Dad was inducted into the HoF that afternoon, and he was even asked what it would mean if "little Eddie" won, and you could tell by his answer they didn't really expect to win, and then Little Eddie pulled it off.

However, that being said, with the top-notch equipment and as many races and series he's competed in over SEVERAL years, it seems like there should have been much better results (and wins). He really hasn't had that much success on the regional level either. Even the North-South race was a Bloomquist-Owens battle for the entire race, then Bloomquist tangled with Marlar and Owens flatted on lap 98 while leading. Not saying ECJ didn't earn it, but he wasn't really a factor until the last few laps.

In other words, you just get the feeling that if there had been more wins, Grover wouldn't be going anywhere.
    Eddie was great regionally except for this year. Something hasn't been right, he use to pick off those 3,000 - 5,000 to win shows all day long.