Thread: Devin Moran

Default Devin Moran

I see where Devin said on his facebook page he is not running the firecracker the hell week races or even the lucas show at Portsmouth on the 2nd because he does not have a motor. I think it is such a shame he cannot find a sponsor to provide him with what he needs. He came from the back at the World to finish 7th and didn't cheat. If anyone would like to sponsor someone I think this kid would be great.

My my, how quickly we forget....Devin was caught cheating, at Eldora, and dq'ed just a few short weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Senroc-Systems View Post
    My my, how quickly we forget....Devin was caught cheating, at Eldora, and dq'ed just a few short weeks ago.
    Didn't see where Devin got caught are you sure about that

he put the wrong tires not, not doped tires.

The release I seen said he lost an engine and the other was lapped out. I wouldn't take a chance on nuking the other either.

He wasnt caught cheating, he put an 06 on the right rear instead a of a lm40. Same tire, just different labeling. Anyone could've made that mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    The release I seen said he lost an engine and the other was lapped out. I wouldn't take a chance on nuking the other either.

He wasnt caught cheating, he put an 06 on the right rear instead a of a lm40. Same tire, just different labeling. Anyone could've made that mistake.
    Whoooooaaaaaaa.......did you say that someone made a mistake on a tire?

Nope , he cheated........just ask almost everybody that has posted in this thread.....they all do.

It's all tongue and cheek zyoung.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Thumbs down

What does putting the right/wrong tire on have to do with not having an engine?
    Nothing, you just wanted to be a douche'.

You Sir are a douche Nozzle!! Devin is probably one of the most honest Racers out there today!! The kid can flat out drive and you wanna come on here and pop off at the mouth with your stupid oh he cheated comment..... My my how quickly you forget what a fukn moron you are!!
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

He is a nice young guy BUT he did have the wrong tire on at Eldora and was DQd and as we all on have said you get dq'd you are cheating. And innocent as it was its the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    He is a nice young guy BUT he did have the wrong tire on at Eldora and was DQd and as we all on have said you get dq'd you are cheating. And innocent as it was its the same thing
    Very well said. I'm not sure how a driver or team make mistakes like that at the biggest race of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by wfo2007 View Post
    Very well said. I'm not sure how a driver or team make mistakes like that at the biggest race of the year!
    He didn't. It happened at an ALMS show.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Moranfan99 View Post
    I see where Devin said on his facebook page he is not running the firecracker the hell week races or even the lucas show at Portsmouth on the 2nd because he does not have a motor. I think it is such a shame he cannot find a sponsor to provide him with what he needs. He came from the back at the World to finish 7th and didn't cheat. If anyone would like to sponsor someone I think this kid would be great.
    "The Million Dollar Man" should be a good place to start!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Draggin View Post
    "The Million Dollar Man" should be a good place to start!
    Donnie ran for quite a few years, with few victories after that.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Rule infraction, yes. Cheating implies he was looking for an illegal edge, he wasn't. I think he complied with the intent of the rule, just missed on the letter. He had ZERO performance advantage, just an incorrect label. I wouldn't call that cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
    Rule infraction, yes. Cheating implies he was looking for an illegal edge, he wasn't. I think he complied with the intent of the rule, just missed on the letter. He had ZERO performance advantage, just an incorrect label. I wouldn't call that cheating.
    Very good and very true post

WOW guys I did not post this to make it about cheating. I was trying to get someone to notice how talented this Kid is and help him out. I think there are a lot of car owners out there who are missing out on a potential star

Quote Originally Posted by Moranfan99 View Post
    WOW guys I did not post this to make it about cheating. I was trying to get someone to notice how talented this Kid is and help him out. I think there are a lot of car owners out there who are missing out on a potential star
    I have thought so for several years now. There just aint enough money guys to pay the bills anymore.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Go start a "Go fund me" page for him... that or get your check book out.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Go start a "Go fund me" page for him... that or get your check book out.
    Wish I had that kind of checkbook would do it in a heartbeat

He is deserving of a good sponsor. It seems like this happens to him mid season a couple times. As far as the tire thing goes. He owned it. As soon as the race was over he said exactly what he had done said it was his mistake and moved on like a man. He didn't claim some bs like another driver does. The one that has been caught with soaked tires by WoO, UMP, southern all stars, Ray Cook's series, also tried running a window net made out of the same crap that side boards are made out of, light at the scales (also not his fault lol). If you get caught cheating more than Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrong combined, you no longer get the benefit of the doubt. If you get caught running the wrong tire and come out and say we made a mistake, we run a lot of Lucas races we put on a Lucas tire by mistake, take your penalty and move on. You get way more respect. Bloomquist earned and deserves his double standard. It's his fault.
    Go Buckeyes!!!