Default Christopher Bell Wins And There's A Fight!

Congratulations to Christopher Bell on winning the NASCAR truck race at Gateway International Speedway. This was Bell's second truck win and Bell won the ARCA race at Salem, Indiana back on April 24th.. By all accounts Christopher is a nice kid and seems to be getting better and gaining confidence as time goes by. It's fun to watch the great dirt drivers do well at the next levels.

Spencer Gallagher and John Wes Townley had a bit of a dust up late in the Gateway truck race. I thought they were going to hug each other senseless. LOL! It'll be interesting to see what this little hugging match will cost the combating pugilists.

https://youtu.be/IufBzpef7kI

seen the video yesterday on facebook funny stuff

John Wes Townley clearly won the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    John Wes Townley clearly won the fight.
    Fight? Hmmm. It appeared to be a combination of high school wrestling and a hugging contest, which sometimes looks like one in the same.

You call that a fight? Yeah A snatch match. They fight as good as they race.

One was scared and the other was glad of it.

Niether one of them really wanted to fight

Pitiful fisticuffs. LOL I am going to assign about 70% of the blame to Townley. He had no reason to wreck the 23. Now understand, I am only observing here. I guess both guys will get equal punishment, or maybe not

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Pitiful fisticuffs. LOL I am going to assign about 70% of the blame to Townley. He had no reason to wreck the 23. Now understand, I am only observing here. I guess both guys will get equal punishment, or maybe not
    Wasn't really able to see precisely what happened earlier in the race since the highlights of that crash didn't include enough footage to see what took place. I assume the wreck that precipitated the "fight" was a payback of sorts, one way or the other.

It's NASCAR, there is no reason to believe how they'll react to this situation will be fair and even handed. It almost never is.

He!!, I say let bygones be bygones and go on to the next race.

My recording crapped out with ten to go, dang it... saw the "fight" on youtube... good for Bell, KBM is on fire.... Kyle Busch giving back to the series that served him so well!!!

The fact that Bell is running well really isn't a surprise. We watched him come East out of Norman, Oklahoma and win a USAC National Midget Championship, he won the Turkey Night Grand Prix out at Perris and the Belleville Midget Nationals along with a ton of other midget races after replacing Kyle Larson driving for Keith Kunz. He won some races driving a winged 410 sprint car for CH Motorsports and also drove a winged 410 sprinter for Rick Ferkel, who's a legend in his own right. He also ran a few USAC Silver Crown races on his way to NASCAR, as well.

It's fun to watch these hugely talented kids emerge from the dirt track open wheel ranks work their way towards the fame and fortune of NASCAR. But, on the other hand it's sad that us dirt open wheel fans won't be seeing these kids racing on the dirt and if we do it will be sparingly, at best.

I honestly believe we'll be seeing Christopher racing on Saturday nights and Sundays in NASCAR's top division soon.

No matter what, we wish Bell the best of luck and fame and fortune!!

I haven't seen what happened but why should anyone get punished? NASCAR wants fans, they need controversy. Not a rule book that takes you all year to read and punishing driver when they get into a scuffle. Now I'm not saying that a driver should be allowed to go over and punch someone that clearly doesn't want to fight.

The fight scene resembled something right out of (The three Stooges) movie shorts from the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    The fight scene resembled something right out of (The three Stooges) movie shorts from the 1930's
    LOL ya...good grief, I hope I don't have to see it again.... tried to watch racehub tonight and they played it constantly!!!!

Bell is just the latest in a long successful line of dirt track open wheel drivers to make their mark in NASCAR and it looks like they're going to keep coming along.

Kody Swanson is the latest kid to be tearing up USAC and the dirt open wheel ranks. He's been dominating the USAC Silver Crown division for a couple of years having won the Hoosier Hundred each of the last 3 years along with several other Crown races. He also won the Little 500 at Anderson Speedway in Indiana this past May the night before the Indy 500. Look for Kody to get a shot at the trucks and taxi cabs in the nearer future.

As I've said before, it's great to see these dirt open wheel kids make a name and advance to NASCAR but they sure are missed at the dirt tracks after they make the move.
    Last edited by CIRF; 06-28-2016 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ts fan View Post
    the fight scene resembled something right out of (the three stooges) movie shorts from the 1930's
    mlb had a brawl some time ago that resembled that fight