Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wenger skipped Fairbury again?

Man, he really is avoiding competition for those points. At some point wouldn't you try a shot at 10k in your hometown?

[QUOTE=CRK;2017505]Man, he really is avoiding competition for those points. At some point wouldn't you try a shot at 10k in your hometown?[/QUOTE/]

You either do not race or you race with a very large budget. I understand what you are saying and I don't know Wenger at all but he is obviously doing what he feels is in the best interest for his racing team. It seems he is capable of running up front there and even possibly winning but I guess he doesn't feel taking the chance of either somehow not making the show or tearing his equipment up made it worth his while especially since it seems he is running for national points. I race in the southeast and in my area the bigger paying events are only lucrative for the top 3. I have the equipment to run top 3 but it would take a good night by the driver and if it doesn't work out you spend in 1 night what it would cost you to run 3 regular shows. I try to hit 2-3 of those races a year but that's about all the beating my wallet can take. I'm not trying to come off like a di@k and if I did I apologize. I just totally get what, it appears to me, he is doing. Good luck to him. John 1*
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
    — Heraclitus

It is simple. He is playing the points game that UMP created. That means he needs top finishes or wins, and the easiest way to do that, is go to where the major competition isn't. Don't hate on him for playing the game and exploiting the way the rules are written. It is also a $$$ game for him. He probably won a grand, and would have had to have finished 5th or better to make that at Fairbury.

FYI, 5th payed 1200 and 6th was 900 at FALS last night.

I actually get why he is doing this for the most part, being he is playing the UMP points game.The Summernationals are non points events for UMP Dirt Car Series.That being said, being from Fairbury, you'd really hope he would race @ the PDC.

This is kinda like the Weaver deal at FALS. If Keven had stayed local, he would have passed Long for wins in 2005, and he would have been working on 100 now. I figured he traveled for 10 years, and would only have had to averaged 3 wins a year to be close to 100 now.

[QUOTE=jrkracing54;2017515]
    Quote Originally Posted by CRK View Post
    Man, he really is avoiding competition for those points. At some point wouldn't you try a shot at 10k in your hometown?[/QUOTE/]

You either do not race or you race with a very large budget. I understand what you are saying and I don't know Wenger at all but he is obviously doing what he feels is in the best interest for his racing team. It seems he is capable of running up front there and even possibly winning but I guess he doesn't feel taking the chance of either somehow not making the show or tearing his equipment up made it worth his while especially since it seems he is running for national points. I race in the southeast and in my area the bigger paying events are only lucrative for the top 3. I have the equipment to run top 3 but it would take a good night by the driver and if it doesn't work out you spend in 1 night what it would cost you to run 3 regular shows. I try to hit 2-3 of those races a year but that's about all the beating my wallet can take. I'm not trying to come off like a di@k and if I did I apologize. I just totally get what, it appears to me, he is doing. Good luck to him. John 1*
    Spot on jrk
    8/13/16

when did summernations become non ump points, thye usually are. thats why guys like shirley won both. he should have come IMO. pierce, feger, erb and others did both and ran competition. how do ya wanna be national champ and not race the tough cars.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    when did summernations become non ump points, thye usually are. thats why guys like shirley won both. he should have come IMO. pierce, feger, erb and others did both and ran competition. how do ya wanna be national champ and not race the tough cars.
    This is what I thought also. But if you look back the last few years Bobby never shows up to Knoxville. He stays around home to get them points. When he knows a few of them drivers will be racing Knoxville.

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    This is what I thought also. But if you look back the last few years Bobby never shows up to Knoxville. He stays around home to get them points. When he knows a few of them drivers will be racing Knoxville.
    didn't realize thats why he skipped knoxville

Look back at all these post over prior years, Rusty Schlenk got called out for skipping big shows as well. Wenger has posted on his page, they know they dont have the budget to run with these top traveling teams. Their goal when the season started was to win UMP points. He is not running summer nationals series. I think he has laid out a serious plan to get where he wants to be in his racing career and is following that plan.

When they pay you the money at the Banquet they don't ask you what kind of competetion did you race against every week. They just hand you the check.

That is some good thinking on his part..hes looking at the future not now. Why show up to a big race and get little points when you go down the road and get the most points?

This topic is brought up every year. Ump format is set up for guys to win and finish good whether it's first with ten cars or first with 60 good cars. It is what it is. Any guy that can go to multiple tracks and win races is doing something right. Keep it up McKay.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    didn't realize thats why he skipped knoxville

He Skipped Knoxville because he didnt have a Big motor is what the story was that they told everyone.....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

http://www.dirtcarump.com/points/poi...m-explanation/

17.1.5. All races will count toward accumulated points April 1, 2016 to September 30, 2016. With the exception of championship races at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    He Skipped Knoxville because he didnt have a Big motor is what the story was that they told everyone.....
    Hey Buddy that has been his excuse. I will be calling you in a couple of days. What's the best time? Hope everything is going better!!! Talk to you soon.

I'd say until you guys start financing his team, he can go wherever works for his budget. Not sure why that is so hard to understand and it's not really anyone's business.

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    Hey Buddy that has been his excuse. I will be calling you in a couple of days. What's the best time? Hope everything is going better!!! Talk to you soon.

Hey Brother you can call anytime after 9am and I'll be around my friend..things are going a little better than the last time i talked to you buddy but im still having trouble with my heart and with retaining fluid so ive been dealing with that for a bit but other than that my 6 month catscan for my cancer came back clean which was good!!
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Congrats on your results Nasty. That's great news.
    8/13/16