Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rockford speedway Thursday

Does anyone know who will be going. Also what support classes are they running? Thanks

legend cars are the support class

They had dirt in the infield last night already. As soon as cars were done with features, they began putting it out on track around midnight. Weather looks great and would be awesome to see a little history made.
    Here's to the "Highside Hustler" #25 Feger!!

Super cool. I hope they get a huge turnout of cars/fans. I remember Bristol doing something like that but don't remember the type of turnout they got.

Quote Originally Posted by racecar1127 View Post
    Super cool. I hope they get a huge turnout of cars/fans. I remember Bristol doing something like that but don't remember the type of turnout they got.
    awesome turn out at Bristol.
    victim

Any Summernationals drivers skipping their race to go to Rockford? I was kind of hoping. Or is there a list of confirmed drivers outside of WoO tour guys of course.
    Chi-Town's Biggest "Highside Hustler" Fan

I know there are a couple of Sycamore drivers planning on showing up

Hope this works out for them, heading to Rockford Tues. night.

For anybody that can't make it Thursday, they added their regular weekly asphalt late models to Saturday night program for $2,000 to win $200 to start Dream 33 race. Also letting their sportsmen and Mid Am sportsmen run with them to get better car count. Should be entertaining.

Jimmy Mars has it on his website.

Hope they have a Big crowd, They are my best Asphalt track...Nice place ,Nice seating, good food....

Not to be negative nancy but is fri the rain date for Thursday's race if the 50% of t storms hit? Got to adjust plans if so. Thanks

Not to be negative nancy but is fri the rain date for Thursday's race if the 50% of t storms hit? Got to adjust plans if so. Thanks
    No word but they are leaving the dirt down now instead of cleaning up right away weekly races will be on dirt saturday night

I'll bet they have 20-24 late models.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Hope they have a Big crowd, They are my best Asphalt track...Nice place ,Nice seating, good food....
    I always send Chicagoland first time short track race fans to Rockford. Great track and they put on a great show from the top down, especially for those that have never been to a race. They have been promotional innovators in the sport forever. the track owner, Jody Deery has been at it so long, she even has a vote in the NASCAR HOF.

I hope they make some $$$ on this as i know their car counts/fan base has been weakening over the past couple of years.

Wish i could make it up there to watch tonight.

I wonder why they didn't make this show part of the Summernationals? Running the WoO together at other tracks. Kind of slim pickings for DLMs in that area.

We went to the WoO sprint car/Badger midget event at Rockford last night and it was a pretty good show. However, the track was really rough and the rough track was the cause of a couple of crashes in both the sprint car and midget A-main's. The asphalt was showing through in a few spots.

We're going back for the dirt late's tonight and we hope they get the bumps smoothed out at least a little bit. The track was extremely bumpy from the very first hot lap session. It has to be a learning experience for whoever is doing the track preparations and it appeared that they didn't anticipate how the track was going work out.

Even though we live less than 90 minutes from Rockford Speedway we had never seen the place prior to last night. All aspects of the spectator experience are very nice. Concessions are of good quality and reasonable in spite of chitcago being as close as it is.

Looking forward to the late models tonight and hoping they can improve track conditions for tonight's racing.

Weather is starting to look a little bit iffy. Thunderstorms popping up around central Illinois currently. Wouldn't that be a beeatch for this event to get rained out.
    8/13/16

Have seen 4 haulers headed up 55.

That was the worst dirt track I've ever seen. Horrible. Ever body was bicycling. I understand what the track is trying to do, but it didn't work. The sprint cars would dive into turn 1, hit a rut and bounce up a lane (and turns 1 and 2 was the BEST corners because of the shade). Nobody was smooth and fast. I paid $25 for last night but I won't make that mistake tonight. Good luck to the dirt late models...