Thread: Front springs

Default Front springs

What front springs are ppl running I've noticed more and more of the pinned down nose in the modifieds. I was thinking about trying 550lf and 375-400rf. Looking for opinions
    Thanks

Throw a ton of caster/anti dive at her and run those 3-4 hundos
    When it seems all eyes are on you when you're wearing a new pair of jeans you wonder why everyone thinks you look so darn good in them. When taking them off you notice the sticker still on the pant leg.

Quote Originally Posted by fatman_74 View Post
    What front springs are ppl running I've noticed more and more of the pinned down nose in the modifieds. I was thinking about trying 550lf and 375-400rf. Looking for opinions
    Thanks
    I see you are in Ky. Be careful taking advice from guys that run on IMCA tires with crate motors on flat tracks. You don't say what clip you have. Even a Chevelle will take around a 600 to keep the frame from digging in the ground. Shocks are probably what you are seeing holding the noses down. You cant make traction unless you have enough RF spring.

Need to know what clip,tires, and motor to start with
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

Plenty of fast guys on 400s and frames diggin like we want.
    When it seems all eyes are on you when you're wearing a new pair of jeans you wonder why everyone thinks you look so darn good in them. When taking them off you notice the sticker still on the pant leg.

Chevelle clip and I run open competition tires unless I'm running ump with a 380 ci engine low torque. I'm on a 550 rf right now and not plowing the track. Just thinking about what late models are running. I know a lot of steel block guys with about the same wheel weight as I got. But I also know it hard to compare the 2. Just also trying to find a way to get faster

What lowers are you running? Some of these tubular lowers will take out of a spring by up to 40lbs!

This alil off topic but can you run a dual stage rf spring on a mod and if so how I'd like some info on this

Don't do a dual stage RF unless on a smooth track and On a good bump set up"Christmas tree or stack of roller skate wheels". Lots of tuning involved and of bumpy you'll upset the car. What is the caster on front end? Throw a 1" spacer in RF if you want to tighten it up into the center and not affect exit as much.

I'm running 5 caster in the right front right now. Thinking about softening it up and running a bumpstop

what shock package are your running?
    what kind of valving are you o on the RF?
    What valving are you on, on the LR? RF and LR work together.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Its not just about the front springs. A lot has to do with the action that happens in the rear also. I run a 600 rf and Keyser lower a arms. Mine is on the bump stop, frame just barely getting scrapped. Another thing to think about is checking your spring to see what happens in its 3rd inch of compression. Most springs are checked and rated in the first 2 inchs, after that there is a huge difference between brands.