Default Been out of racing for a while what's best chassis

Looking to get back into racing after about 15 yrs what's the best chassis thanks

Quote Originally Posted by big speed View Post
    Looking to get back into racing after about 15 yrs what's the best chassis thanks
    Impressive, around here anyway

What sanctioning body are you running under???

Yep I would say impressive

Will be running ump

Multi time champion would be Impressive in UMP

ruhlman, elite, swartz, mark bush if you want to spend that much.

Impressive haven't been to impressive this year... Elite and Bandit has been pretty good

There are tons of good chassis builders out there. However, if you can't get input on setups, assistance with repairs, you can have the best chassis and you won't be able to get it hooked up. We struggled for years with the wrong chassis builders - wrong in the sense that we did not get a lot of assistance and they were simply too far away to develop a good working relationship. We eventually started working with Erwin Racing Supply (Oilville, VA) and the results have been fantastic. But it starts with a dialog between team and chassis builder. I'm sure there are some teams/drivers that can take a well built chassis and figure out all of the chassis dynamics/setups and run well without builder help. But for us, and many teams, we simply don't have the time, resources, or experience to be fast right out of the box. So my advice to you would be look around at successful chassis builders in your area, talk to the owners directly, and then make your decision. Just because a brand is running up front doesn't mean it's the right one for you. Good Luck! Craig "Big Daddy" Ramich, 5+ Shaw by Erwin
    Craig "Big Daddy" Ramich, 5+ Modified
    Fairfax, VA
    www.goteamgreenracing.com
    www.plusi.com

BMS. Winners in all mod series.

Haven 't een seen on of those besides even winning impressive is like 6 time i think ump champ but truthfully don't you think it s more team driver and other equipment than it is the chassis
    Last edited by old fan; 07-08-2016 at 06:42 AM.

I think Big Daddy Ramich said it pretty well. The chassis is of little help to going fast. The technical help is. I've seen 10 and 12 year old stuff from nearly all builders contend in the right hands. Without the right people with knowledge behind you it matters not what you buy.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

clamp cars like pierce etc are the most consistent all the time and build strongerr than these lightweight brands

They all have there good points and bad. I agree with the knowledge statement. You have to know when and where to do what. It seems like a lot of people are so dependent on info from there chassis builders, some of which have never been to the track you are racing at. It is important to have a good understanding of what is actually going on with your car, or it can get expensive really fast. I always suggest going with someone that is close to you. It also makes getting it repaired easier.

Where are you located?

One thing about the swartz, if you look that way is to buy it through jackie.. yes it will cost you more, but it will run from the first night you set down in it..

longshot but you can't get one

Get yourself a billy moyer victory modified chassis. Just bound to be successful in one of those.