Thread: RR?

Default RR?

what would be the benfits of chaining the right rear down?

Tighter center and exit. Doesn't allow the car to get up on the right side bars
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

if it tightens the exit by preventing the car from getting on the bars I assume that removes rear steer? If it isn't on the bars wouldn't that take drive out of the RR?

if it gets up on rr bars that takes steer out on our car

Driving off the RR usually loosens exit. The chain helps to keep the car somewhat rolled over.
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

up on the RR bars would shorten the right side wheel base, are you sure the chain doesn't remove rear steer @racingjf9? I don't know I;m just thinking

when it gets up on rr bars it shorten takes steer out it chained down it stays down @rr stays back

One thing to note. If you are on a track with any holes in it, limiting the RR travel can cause you some serious problems. This is best done on a track that is very smooth but one could argue that the same desired affect (not hiking up the RR) could be achieved using shock tuning.

Yes, shock valving with a change in rebound and the bleed would me a starts. Chain is a quick crutch vs changing coil over assembly out. Chain on a smooth track and a decent amount of rebound I like.
    When it seems all eyes are on you when you're wearing a new pair of jeans you wonder why everyone thinks you look so darn good in them. When taking them off you notice the sticker still on the pant leg.

u are right it sure can matt49

after much deep thought I realize my brain fart racingjf9 -

yes, tracks have to be smooth to do this, if there is chop in the track or it is rough, a shock needs to be built to do the same thing with bleed, and rebound stack.

I have just had a shock built to be able to loosen chain up more on certain tracks I race on, to allow more wheel travel in less than smooth conditions.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.