Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    Then YOU should have been in that appeals room providing "expert" and "personal knowlege" of the situation.Bottom line all the samples tested were done exactly the same way. BTW, those who were busted, have been caught before.......something to consider.
    So you are saying Brandon Shepard, satterlee and Thornton have been caught before? I sure don't remember that?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    They may have all cheated, but it's far from plain and simple...........
    They didn't!

Just FYI and not directed at anyone in this thread, just something I've noticed in a couple others---

When talking about the samples it's not "chain of command." Chain of command is the leadership structure in a military or paramilitary organization.

The term some folks are looking for is "chain of custody." In other words, who in the pipeline from the hauler to the lab has had any contact at all with the samples? Who has had it in their "custody?"

In a criminal investigation, chain of custody involves documenting everyone by name, time, and date who has had any contact with the evidence at all, even if it is just delivering it from one place to another after it is sealed. A similar concept should be applied to tire testing if it isn't already.

So in a nutshell if you want to be 100% accurate, call it chain of custody, not chain of command.

Source: I've dealt with both terms personally on an almost daily basis in my profession for over 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Just FYI and not directed at anyone in this thread, just something I've noticed in a couple others---When talking about the samples it's not "chain of command." Chain of command is the leadership structure in a military or paramilitary organization.The term some folks are looking for is "chain of custody." In other words, who in the pipeline from the hauler to the lab has had any contact at all with the samples? Who has had it in their "custody?"In a criminal investigation, chain of custody involves documenting everyone by name, time, and date who has had any contact with the evidence at all, even if it is just delivering it from one place to another after it is sealed. A similar concept should be applied to tire testing if it isn't already. So in a nutshell if you want to be 100% accurate, call it chain of custody, not chain of command.Source: I've dealt with both terms personally on an almost daily basis in my profession for over 20 years.
    Thank you norm, the only chain in command now is mr. Smithers aka Sam diggers.

They said all 32 samples were taken the same way. 27 passed and 5 failed. Why is that so hard to believe? They tried to take advantage of the system and got caught, end of story.

Just saying, anyone who goes to a WoW race and says it's simple green is probably not telling the whole truth. Who in their right mind would go against the best in the business with used tires? That doesn't make sense. Why would they need to use simple green on a brand new Tire? Once again, doesn't make sense. I am against cheating up tires but I understand why people do it. This needs to be fix not a debate that takes people's lives over......... lol.

I don't call anything with tires cheating. I just call it, Teams are missing the boat!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pkracer View Post
    They said all 32 samples were taken the same way. 27 passed and 5 failed. Why is that so hard to believe? They tried to take advantage of the system and got caught, end of story.
    It's not the end of the story, imagine if you know for a fact the tires were not cheated

Quote Originally Posted by D. Tidrow View Post
    So you are saying Brandon Shepard, satterlee and Thornton have been caught before? I sure don't remember that?
    There is a good reason that you don't remember that d tid...........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Racer2010 View Post
    Just saying, anyone who goes to a WoW race and says it's simple green is probably not telling the whole truth. Who in their right mind would go against the best in the business with used tires? That doesn't make sense. Why would they need to use simple green on a brand new Tire? Once again, doesn't make sense. I am against cheating up tires but I understand why people do it. This needs to be fix not a debate that takes people's lives over......... lol.
    Your almost there

Kind of of like NASCAR , they are playing by WRG rules in their sandbox. Nothing will change with this ruling wait and see.

Your almost there
    Too bad I don't know where I'm going . Lol Care to explain? Pm of you have to lol

It's not the end of the story, imagine if you know for a fact the tires were not cheated
    To a few on here that would mean your liar,don't know what your talking about and the person you know personally is still a cheater.......cut and dry.

Ask em.

Kind of of like NASCAR , they are playing by WRG rules in their sandbox. Nothing will change with this ruling wait and see.
    Nope.......doubtful this ruling was ever going to change anyway despite the earlier chatter.

What will change are the procedural aspects of it from beginning to end.....be a lot more inspection of the inspectors so to speak.

Who is to say that the people they are buying the tires off of are not doping them up for them? That way the teams technically not lying....Food for thought

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    To a few on here that would mean your liar,don't know what your talking about and the person you know personally is still a cheater.......cut and dry.Ask em.
    Like MSM, if they said it. It must be true. Take the human element out of it. Sad but true.

Who is to say that the people they are buying the tires off of are not doping them up for them? That way the teams technically not lying....Food for thought
    I would agree but why wouldn't they send in "benchmarks" that match the tire?

You might be on to something

They got caught
    They got penalized
    They appealed
    They lost again
    Story over

What's so hard to understand?

The initial post comprised of He said/She said was nothing but 4m blubbering although their are some that will never let it go.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    They got caught
    They got penalized
    They appealed
    They lost again
    Story over

What's so hard to understand?

The initial post comprised of He said/She said was nothing but 4m blubbering although their are some that will never let it go.
    Completely agree.

The percentage of guys getting caught versus actual races run is so small it wouldn't even register on a chart. Only because it was at Eldora are people losing there sh!t and questioning the process.