Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    joshroth14 Guest

Default Brandon Sheppard

After hearing the appeals on Monday, They said all 5 tests that failed were from Friday Night.

So Sheppard won on Thursday night and decided to cheat on tires for Friday's feature? That doesn't seem real logical.

Is it possible the track had something that the drivers picked up causing them to fail the test or did all 5 drivers decide that Friday was the night to cheat on tires.

Were the tires from Thursday night tested?

So many questions and so few answers............wonder why?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

You also wouldn't think they'd try something for the for first time at the highest paying race of the year...assuming they've been passing other tire tests prior.

Wonder if everybody is passing the tests they are administering through out the summer nationals so far.......oh, wait?

curious when anyone said the samples were all taken Friday. I hadn't seen that anywhere but on 4m so I'm questioning that portion

Quote Originally Posted by thinkstomuch View Post
    curious when anyone said the samples were all taken Friday. I hadn't seen that anywhere but on 4m so I'm questioning that portion
    Did you say questions?

Smile Lucas Oil & WOO

Why are these alleged doped tires not being detected at Lucas Oil and WOO events? 0, 20, and 5 wait until the 100K to win DREAM to try this? Sure would have been something if one of these guys would have won the race.

Quote Originally Posted by upaginit in North GA View Post
    Why are these alleged doped tires not being detected at Lucas Oil and WOO events? 0, 20, and 5 wait until the 100K to win DREAM to try this? Sure would have been something if one of these guys would have won the race.
    Sometimes tire rules for an event come into play. Poor choices allowed, you get creative.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by thinkstomuch View Post
    I was there all weekend, watched them cut the samples off of O'neal and Jon Henry Friday after heats.

My question is; Where is the information that supports the claim that the failed test were from samples taken on Friday night only? Did they take samples Thursday and Saturday? I've just seen it said a few times about the failed samples being from Friday but I've not seen it from a source other than 4m

Ump isn't going to tell us or anyone many details, they want to keep these guys guessing. This time they were told in the drivers meeting what tires they were checking Friday, Davenport tweeted after this all went down that same statement. I never seen Sam roaming the pits any other night, other than Friday.

It's either you believe or ya dont. Unless someone else seen something other than what I've said I seen that weekend, it must be true.

Good post zyoung .......

Instead of cutting a sample, why not take the whole tire. That is really shady.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpandrun View Post
    Doesn't leave the team with a useable tire or evidence to test themselves.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

k, so in the drivers meeting Friday they were warned and that is the only time anyone was seen collecting samples. I have not issue with this. My point is that there is that multiple people claim its very odd the failing samples were all from Friday. But if Friday was the only day samples were collected then it doesn't seem that odd. The original post points out the Friday only failures. - It was just a point, I really don't car either way dope or no dope busted or not

"curious when anyone said the samples were all taken Friday. I hadn't seen that anywhere but on 4m so I'm questioning that portion"

I believe this was stated on a Dirt on Dirt article that the failed samples all came from Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by upaginit in North GA View Post
    exactly SO WHY CHEAT

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpandrun View Post
    Imagine the cost of doing a whole tire, and like MB racer said, it leave the team the tires to use. I'd be a lil bit tore up if they took my tires after only having one heat on it, and not getting a dime back for it.

Plus nobody is going to just treat one section of a tire.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 06-30-2016 at 06:22 PM.

Thumbs up

Well after talking with Steve Sheppard on Facebook you can bet there will be attorneys involved real soon.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1