Default Base line set up help please

Have mod has a chevelle front clip,, have 200 rr, 225, lr 600, rf 650, lf left side 54, rear 56, cross 47... Split across front with driver weight 177, split across rear 49.. Cars bars are one hole up on left rear top level bottom.. Same on the right... Right rear back 1/2" tight entry. Is close.. Be out of racing for awhile, but use to scale Car with out driver weight, tried to get it even across front an around 40/ 50 across rear rr shock 4/4 lr, 8/2 lf 5/3 rf hsr
    Last edited by hanginitout; 06-28-2016 at 08:22 PM.
    The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also are enemies; probably because they are generally the same people...
    G.K. Chesterton

Is this close, like i said its close but was wondering if springs were wrong ,or Weight splits too much... but that seems to be around the best, i get....
    The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also are enemies; probably because they are generally the same people...
    G.K. Chesterton

I'm going to take a swing at it I'm not 100% sure I understood all that.

I think you are saying its tight on entry. If so try softening the LF spring. It looks from your notes if I'm reading it right you have a 600rf and a 650lf. Try switching them. Should be a noticeable amount.

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    I'm going to take a swing at it I'm not 100% sure I understood all that.

I think you are saying its tight on entry. If so try softening the LF spring. It looks from your notes if I'm reading it right you have a 600rf and a 650lf. Try switching them. Should be a noticeable amount.
    Yes tight entry.. i thought that was heavy across the front. but swithing springs it will go to 100 split, my promblem was tight entry. but i could not wrap my mined around the fact it was so heavy left front.. but i never scaled car with driver in it either....thanks
    G.K. Chesterton

leave the lf spring and put a 550 in the rf.

Don't worry about the amount that the LF is heavier than RF. Get your left side weight, rear weight, and wedge (rear split) correct and the front wheel weights will just fall into place.

If you are tight on entry then put the softer spring on the LF and stiffer spring on the RF as was suggested by powerslide.

most chevelle chassis like a RF heavy spring combo.
    Most
    not all
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    most chevelle chassis like a RF heavy spring combo.
    Most
    not all
    With all that I have been sorting out on this new car, it looks a 700 RF is what it likes.

Quote Originally Posted by mod71m View Post
    Don't worry about the amount that the LF is heavier than RF. Get your left side weight, rear weight, and wedge (rear split) correct and the front wheel weights will just fall into place.

If you are tight on entry then put the softer spring on the LF and stiffer spring on the RF as was suggested by powerslide.
    What % would you suggest, for the left rear and cross? or weight? And thanks for all the help.. To All......
    G.K. Chesterton

With driver anywhere from 56-53 could work. Get in the ball park then tune it to see what makes the car go.

Always scale with the driver in the car or the driver's weight simulated in the car.

54% left
    56 to 57 % rear
    80 lbs of wedge (LR 80 pounds heavier than RR)

I don't pay attention to cross weight.

Quote Originally Posted by mod71m View Post
    Always scale with the driver in the car or the driver's weight simulated in the car.

54% left
    56 to 57 % rear
    80 lbs of wedge (LR 80 pounds heavier than RR)

I don't pay attention to cross weight.
    Thank you!!!
    G.K. Chesterton