Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Post Race Interviews

Is anyone else getting sick of every driver with a kid doing their post-race interviews with them. If they want to have their kids in the photos etc...fine, but this is getting ridiculous.

Fyi.... little Bobby is the one driving and winning... big bob is the one mooching on the victory lane.
    But in reality, you take those kids away, you will see more and more drivers choose family time over racing. And who are they hurting? Every ball sport does the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    Is anyone else getting sick of every driver with a kid doing their post-race interviews with them. If they want to have their kids in the photos etc...fine, but this is getting ridiculous.

Kids are the future of our dear sport. Without them we have closed race tracks...

Quote Originally Posted by tb1545 View Post
    Fyi.... little Bobby is the one driving and winning... big bob is the one mooching on the victory lane.
    LOL!

I agree with you guys that racing is a family sport. Apart from the friends that I introduced to racing pretty much everyone else I know got into it because of their fathers...myself included.

That wasn't my point though. I'm just tired of post-race interviews with drivers and their kids. Put 'em down for the two to three minutes you're giving an interview for chrissake.

Sorry, but this is a dumb post. Just my opinion, which means nothing.

At least it's talking about something other than tires. Who's the dummy? Is it the guy that is so sick of talking about tires that he'll say just about anything to get the subject off of it?

Unless you have kids, you couldn't possibly understand.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by tb1545 View Post
    But in reality, you take those kids away, you will see more and more drivers choose family time over racing. And who are they hurting? Every ball sport does the same thing.
    Wouldn't it be great to see the Tall Cool One being interviewed postrace by DOD holding the Short Cool One in his arms? Come on Rigsby, make it happen.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Wouldn't it be great to see the Tall Cool One being interviewed postrace by DOD holding the Short Cool One in his arms? Come on Rigsby, make it happen.
    I admit, I laughed quite a bit at this. Well done.

I assume the OP is in regards to Unzicker's interview after Clarksville, where his son was playing with the mic and making noises into it. I don't have kids myself, and I absolutely realize (and admit) that "I simply wouldn't understand".

All in all, yeah, I was hoping Ryan would (while letting his son have fun) eventually "get down to business", so that we could hear the rest of what Ryan had to say. And, he did. The guy doing the interviews has included/mentioned/etc Ryan's son (in some fashion) a couple times now, so I would think that Ryan was obviously encouraged to allow his son to be "front and center" if he wanted, which you certainly can't blame a Dad for doing.... I do believe Ryan knew, after a bit, that it was time to "hand him over" to finish the clip. All good as far as I was concerned....

Quote Originally Posted by dirt33 View Post
    I assume the OP is in regards to Unzicker's interview after Clarksville, where his son was playing with the mic and making noises into it. I don't have kids myself, and I absolutely realize (and admit) that "I simply wouldn't understand".

All in all, yeah, I was hoping Ryan would (while letting his son have fun) eventually "get down to business", so that we could hear the rest of what Ryan had to say. And, he did. The guy doing the interviews has included/mentioned/etc Ryan's son (in some fashion) a couple times now, so I would think that Ryan was obviously encouraged to allow his son to be "front and center" if he wanted, which you certainly can't blame a Dad for doing.... I do believe Ryan knew, after a bit, that it was time to "hand him over" to finish the clip. All good as far as I was concerned....
    That's the way I read into it as well. Nothing wrong with that.
    8/13/16

For what it's worth, I totally agree with the OP, and for the record I have kids. For example, JD's little boy is adorable, but I'm interested in what he has to say about the race, not watching the little fellow squirming around and trying to get his attention all through the interview. It's annoying trying to watch it, and I'd bet the interviewer isn't real thrilled about it.

This subject is a double edged sword .... FinnFan is spot on. On the ither hand Guys like JD mention thier kid even when they're not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Hey now, that would be something to see!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan View Post
    For what it's worth, I totally agree with the OP, and for the record I have kids. For example, JD's little boy is adorable, but I'm interested in what he has to say about the race, not watching the little fellow squirming around and trying to get his attention all through the interview. It's annoying trying to watch it, and I'd bet the interviewer isn't real thrilled about it.
    Yeah. It wasn't just Unzicker or I would have made the post about that interview. Yes. It was that Unzicker interview that prompted me to start the thread because that was the straw that broke the camels back and I was tired of reading endless threads about tires and cheating.

But you are spot on. I'm just straight up tired of the trend that JD started and he's one of my favorite drivers...not fathers. Unzicker isn't the only other one to do it recently and I don't feel like searching to compile a list.

The trend is just annoying. It's got nothing to do with hating kids. When I click a link to watch interviews with race drivers I don't expect to get adorable kids saying and doing the most wonderful heartwarming things. I want to see racing interviews. If I want to watch adorable children videos there are a buttload of family videos that I could watch of kids I actually give a crap about.

If JD or any other drivers want to parade family members in front of the camera, try that hot a$$ girlfriend instead. And if you're Bobby Pierce, your sister would be a fine substitute as well. LOL

How did you like Ryan's interview after Boswell?? Looked like Unzicker's lil fella was giving you the evil eye silent treatment. The kid made me laugh and never said a word. Thanks Snake
    8/13/16

LOL!

Looked like someone was coaching the little cutie to smile. Thankfully they got him down after he started going for the mic that night. He even got a cameo at Peoria in the SN Minute! If I was Ryan I'd be a little concerned if some guy was obsessed with my kid. It's almost as creepy as the Racin' Boys ogling those kids at the Tulsa races.

Someone else had their kid in a DoD post race a few days ago too. It's just such a wonderful trend. DoD should start having an Adorable Kid of Dirt Racing award added to their year end awards. Maybe they could even pick up some additional sponsorship from Pampers or something. Anything to keep them from raising the prices again.

Seriously though, I don't care if they do their adorable kids piece in a pre-race deal or show them playing in the infield so long as it isn't detracting from the race reporting.
    Last edited by Snake X3; 07-07-2016 at 07:17 AM. Reason: thought better of it lol

Don't be hatin' because they're getting laid and your not. Lol

It is a post race interview, not the announcement of the beginning of WW3. Does it really matter what they say, or who is there with them? Obviously it is who they want to be with them, and that is all that matters.

As a parent and grandfather I see no problem with it.........if a driver wants to have the thing he is most proud of in victory lane interview with him what's the big deal?

The drivers miss waaaay too much family time on the road as it is...........they want to bring their family into the celebration every now and again, so what?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????