Default Suspensions Shake up FANSFund Voting

New Richmond, WI (June 30, 2016): The FANSFund voting leader board, and potential USA Nationals drivers list, has been shaken up with the recent announcement by the World Racing Group that Brandon Sheppard, Gregg Satterlee, Jimmy Owens, Ricky Thornton (3rd in FANSFund voting), and Scott Bloomquist have been suspended from all DIRTcar sanctioned events, including World of Outlaws Craftsman® Late Model Series competition. The suspensions are due to tire samples not meeting established benchmarks from samples taken during Dream weekend at Eldora Speedway. The suspensions were appealed by all 5 drivers but the World Racing Group Commission announced on June 29th that the penalties were upheld and the suspensions will conclude on September 11, 2016. Due to the suspensions, these drivers are no longer eligible to complete in the USA Nationals which is a World of Outlaws Craftsman® Late Model Series sanctioned event. These 5 drivers are also no longer eligible to receive votes for the FANSFund which has a requirement that drivers must register and compete in the USA Nationals to be eligible for the FANSFund. The drivers can request a final appeal with the World Racing Group but unless a final appeal is heard and overturned, the drivers will not be eligible to compete in the USA Nationals.

In another recent development Austin Hubbard, who was 8th in voting, will not be able to make this year’s USA Nationals due to an injury he sustained in a nasty rollover at the Firecracker 100 at Lernerville Speedway in Sarver, PA last weekend. The injury to Austin’s ankle will require surgery and he will be out of action for at least 6 weeks. We wish Austin a speedy recovery!

Fans that had previously voted for Ricky Thornton, Austin Hubbard, or Scott Bloomquist will be allowed to recast their votes. If you would like to revote, send an email to clsfansfund@yahoo.com with your name, who you originally voted for with the number of votes, and who you would like your votes to be changed to. We will cross reference this information with our records and make appropriate changes as requested.

With two and a half weeks to go until voting ends, Brian Shirley of Chatham, IL has jumped back into the vote lead; Jon Henry of Ada, OH sits 2nd; Jason Papich from Arroyo Grande, CA moved up to 3rd; Chris Madden of Gray Court, SC is in 4th; with Tyler Bruening of Decorah, IA rounding out the top 5. For the full breakdown of driver voting checkout the diver voting link on our website. You can also checkout the drivers that have shown interest in participating in this year’s FANSFund by going to the drivers interested list on the site.

Fans can go online to donate and vote at www.FANSFund.com/donations/ or by clicking on the Donate tab from the home page. For every $5.00 donated fans receive 1 vote. For a $30.00 donation fans are eligible to attend the FANSFund Luncheon where they’ll receive a FANSFund T-shirt, be able to meet the FANSFund drivers and get their autographs, receive a nice lunch, and be eligible for other raffle prizes. The Luncheon will be held Saturday August 6th at 12:30 PM in the Cedar Lake Arena. Voting ends at midnight July 17, 2016 but donations will be accepted through August 4, 2016. After July 17th, donors will no longer be able to vote, or be eligible for the luncheon or T-shirt.

The FANSFund team will be back out in force doing 50/50 and taking fan donations and driver votes on Friday July 8th and Saturday July 9th when the very popular World of Outlaw Sprint Cars come to Cedar Lake Speedway for 2 big nights of high flying action. This is another great event that you won’t want to miss!

A huge thank you to the following sponsors that have come on board to support the FANSFund this year: Bernicks Pepsi, McFarland Pain Clinic, Badger Storage and Excavating, Johnson Motor Sales, Casey Farms, Willow River Saloon, Skoglund Oil, GRP Motorsports, JT Auto Sales, LaMoine Ventures, Champs Sports Bar and Grill, Joe Provo Racewear, and DirtOnDirt.com. Without these great sponsors we wouldn’t be able to invite the number of drivers that we do! Make sure to check out our Contributors page at www.fansfund.com/contributors/ for more information on these great sponsors and if you have the chance stop by their businesses to patronize and thank them for their support!

Checkout the FANSFund website at www.FANSFund.com for more information. There are a number of links on the right sidebar of the website with more information about the event.

The 29th running of the USA Nationals is slated for August 4th through August 6th. Order your tickets now at “Wisconsin’s Fastest Piece of Real Estate.” Go online to order your tickets and/or campsite today at www.CedarLakeSpeedway.com.

Thank you for your support of the FANSFund once again in 2016, we’re looking forward to another great year!

Tom Emerson, FANS Fund Coordinator

Have you guys ever considered making the drivers from both national tours ineligible for the FansFund?

For instance, Brian Shirley (whom I am somewhat of a fan of) would have been there either way. Furthermore he is far from underfunded. Same for Scott Bloomquist.

The fansfund should be for guys like Hubbard, Henry, Ferguson, etc. that wouldn't otherwise be able to make it. Just my .02 and what you guys do is great regardless of who gets the money, just a suggestion.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Have you guys ever considered making the drivers from both national tours ineligible for the FansFund?

For instance, Brian Shirley (whom I am somewhat of a fan of) would have been there either way. Furthermore he is far from underfunded. Same for Scott Bloomquist.

The fansfund should be for guys like Hubbard, Henry, Ferguson, etc. that wouldn't otherwise be able to make it. Just my .02 and what you guys do is great regardless of who gets the money, just a suggestion.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Thought the same thing when I read it. I like Shirley but he was going to be there either way, like you mentioned.

Can we get this race unsanctioned in the future? More cars would show up! Lets go LOLMS win this race.

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    Can we get this race unsanctioned in the future? More cars would show up! Lets go LOLMS win this race.
    I doubt more cars would show up -- in fact I think it pays to run it with the WoO sanction if anything.

The WoO drivers like Eckert, Briggs, Frank, Wells, Junghans, Clanton, Erb, Coulter, etc would probably not be there if it was LOLMDS sanction. On the other hand pretty much all the LOLMDS drivers will likely be there. The only change to this is as a result of the suspension this year, all future years with no suspensions on the table it is much more beneficial to go with the WoO than the LOLMDS.

Of course that would change if the LOLMDS scheduled against the race. However I don't suspect they would have many tracks lined up to add a LOLMDS race or two up against $50k to win anywhere in the country.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

There is only 1 driver out of that group I would miss. I hope a Lucas Driver Wins the big money shows over the BOO WOO at their sanction race every time.

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    There is only 1 driver out of that group I would miss. I hope a Lucas Driver Wins the big money shows over the BOO WOO at their sanction race every time.
    Maybe you don't care but I'm sure the track cares about

A) The higher car count
    B) The money those teams spend to get in, etc. (that many teams is $1000s)
    C) The fact that with most of the LOLMDS cars and all of the WoO cars there the competition level is a lot higher. In fact drivers like Clanton and Shirley will likely challenge for wins either on a prelim night or otherwise.

So, in comparison. Your $40 or whatever it is you spend to sit in the stands adds up to a fraction of what said teams bring in. As a result your opinion means almost nothing. Tons more fans will be there and have a great time as they always have even though the race is WoO sanctioned.

Good luck on the LOLMDS winning all the big money WoO races, their biggest threat (Bloomquist) is no longer able to run them. Davenport can beat Richards, but Richards can beat Davenport as well. I anticipate Richards will pick up at least one of the big shows.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Last edited by W2Racing09; 06-30-2016 at 11:39 AM.

it'll save ya from having to burn another shirt Plunks.haha

Quote Originally Posted by mudmaker View Post
    it'll save ya from having to burn another shirt Plunks.haha
    Thanks Mud I will be their you know that, But I will be cheering for the Lucas Boys.

Maybe you don't care but I'm sure the track cares about

A) The higher car count
    B) The money those teams spend to get in, etc. (that many teams is $1000s)
    C) The fact that with most of the LOLMDS cars and all of the WoO cars there the competition level is a lot higher. In fact drivers like Clanton and Shirley will likely challenge for wins either on a prelim night or otherwise.

So, in comparison. Your $40 or whatever it is you spend to sit in the stands adds up to a fraction of what said teams bring in. As a result your opinion means almost nothing. Tons more fans will be there and have a great time as they always have even though the race is WoO sanctioned.

Good luck on the LOLMDS winning all the big money WoO races, their biggest threat (Bloomquist) is no longer able to run them. Davenport can beat Richards, but Richards can beat Davenport as well. I anticipate Richards will pick up at least one of the big shows.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    I only hope maybe 1 of those drivers finish in top 5. The other I really don't care for at all!!!

That is why Kidd Rocket should Win. Because they took out 5 drivers. And I am sure if a WOO guy doesn't Win they will find something for their Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff has a point. Most of the WoO guys won't run anything that isn't WoO sanctioned because the talent level is so low in that series that they don't stand a better chance than the local guys that regularly whip their rumps. Everyone knows it. I'm pretty sure even WoO knows it. I really think the only way Josh Richards could get a unanimous rank of #1 on the DoD poll without winning a single race against the Lucas guys since the weather got above zero is there would be no reason to talk about WoO otherwise.

So yeah...have WoO sanction the race. Car counts will be higher because the regional/local talent that runs the series will show up, plus the regular regional/local talent, the Lucas boys, Josh and Shane. It just makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    Jeff has a point. Most of the WoO guys won't run anything that isn't WoO sanctioned because the talent level is so low in that series that they don't stand a better chance than the local guys that regularly whip their rumps. Everyone knows it. I'm pretty sure even WoO knows it. I really think the only way Josh Richards could get a unanimous rank of #1 on the DoD poll without winning a single race against the Lucas guys since the weather got above zero is there would be no reason to talk about WoO otherwise.

So yeah...have WoO sanction the race. Car counts will be higher because the regional/local talent that runs the series will show up, plus the regular regional/local talent, the Lucas boys, Josh and Shane. It just makes sense.
    Good job constructing this post, its too bad it isn't supported by actual facts and stuff.

So far this season.

In WoO races vs. locals -- WoO: 17 Locals: 2 (McDowell, Dohm)
    In LOLMDS races vs. locals -- LOLMDS: 20 Locals: 4 (Ziegler, Diemel, Madden, Satterlee)

It is even worse if you don't count guys from the opposite tour as non locals.

In WoO races vs. locals -- WoO: 15 Locals/Bloomquist: 4 (McDowell, Dohm, Bloomquist x2)
    In Lucas races vs. locals -- LOLMDS: 16 Locals/Richards: 8 (Ziegler, Diemel, Madden, Satterlee, Richards x4)

Good job constructing this post, its too bad it isn't supported by actual facts and stuff.

So far this season.

In WoO races vs. locals -- WoO: 17 Locals: 2 (McDowell, Dohm)
    In LOLMDS races vs. locals -- LOLMDS: 20 Locals: 4 (Ziegler, Diemel, Madden, Satterlee)

It is even worse if you don't count guys from the opposite tour as non locals.

In WoO races vs. locals -- WoO: 15 Locals/Bloomquist: 4 (McDowell, Dohm, Bloomquist x2)
    In Lucas races vs. locals -- LOLMDS: 16 Locals/Richards: 8 (Ziegler, Diemel, Madden, Satterlee, Richards x4)
    LOL...nice job coming up with those stats. Way to make me look like a fool. LOL. I'm the stat man though so I'll try to dig up something to support my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post

So races run during Florida Speedweeks mean nothing. Nice stipulation. So I'm to assume that any race held on Groundhogs Day, Naked Gardening Day, Humpback Whale Day, and Sadie Hawkins Day carry no weight as well.
    8/13/16

I wanted to chime in on the fansfund. I think it is a neat idea and helps brings teams to CLS. But I have to say if anyone is running WOO that should be ineligible for the fansfund. I think it is flat out stupid if you do only because they are going to be there anyways!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    So races run during Florida Speedweeks mean nothing. Nice stipulation. So I'm to assume that any race held on Groundhogs Day, Naked Gardening Day, Humpback Whale Day, and Sadie Hawkins Day carry no weight as well.
    Was Josh in the race last night? I didn't see him. I guess we can add Last Day Of June Day to that list to kinda even it out. ROFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBandit12 View Post
    I wanted to chime in on the fansfund. I think it is a neat idea and helps brings teams to CLS. But I have to say if anyone is running WOO that should be ineligible for the fansfund. I think it is flat out stupid if you do only because they are going to be there anyways!!!!!!!
    id agree, but guess people vote 4 favs

To the people that want National touring guys ineligible.....

I live 2 hours from CLS and have contributed to the FF and attend the USA Nat's every year. You have to understand that IF touring guys were ineligible it would be VERY difficult to get 12 cars to commit. Every year there are a lot of non-touring drivers that are voted in, and quite a few of them end up backing out for various reasons. It usually ends up being a mix of touring drivers and non-touring, which is fine, people want to see FF drivers make the A-feature as well thru the touring guys. The non-touring cars in the FF rarely make the A.